tony357

diesel up..

I noticed gas went up like 20¢ over the last week... Anyone know what our Marxist in Thief and Politburo are up to that is causing this rise just before an election?

They're probably trying to cash in as people fill up with oil for the winter months. I don't believe "Crime INC." is causing this - not yet anyway.

Here's a good site to check heating oil prices. Trends.I hate to part with a buck and have been procrastinating about filling my tank for the season.(550 gal.) It has only cost me about a hundred or so since the middle of Sept. Price may be tapering off now. I hope so because I won't have any choice soon.

NJ requires the use of Oxygenated fuels from October 1 until April 1. This caused gasoline to rise between 15 and 30 cents per gallon in the last 10 days - data is from my observation only.

Diesel will generally rise in cost in the winter months as it is basically identical to #2 heating oil.

I, so far, have been Mr Freezemeister and have been able to avoid turning the heat on, yet...

Also don't forget about comerade obama's moratorium in the gulf. Oil companies are paying for their rigs and people just to sit there and chip paint. They are not making any money just sitting there. The cost of keeping them there doing nothing just gets passed on to the end user of their product, you! The moratorium has been killing people all along the gulf coast, now the rest of the country is starting to feel it.

I'd have more respect for the oil companies and corperate America in general if they would only be honest with us and tell us they're raising prices and shoving it up our a$$es because it's their oil or product and they can. The BS about oil shortages while the tankers sat anchored offshore is an insult. Kind of like BP's claim, which the White House supports, that 3/4 of their oil spill evapoated. :angry: Too many people believe whatever that square box in their living room tells them.

I pray that corperate America doesn't push the prices up to $5.00 a gallon like a few years ago.

Lighting Bolt!

There is some seasonal fluctuation in commodities relative to each other... but what you saw back in 2007 and 2008 seemed like all commodities going up. What you saw there was not really the price of those commodities going up... just the price ONE coming down. What you saw was the value of the Dollar falling as they created more and more of it out of thin air. The only difference is that people in America are conditioned to only look at prices from one perspective... the Dollar. Sometimes people get more clever and start to compare the dollar to other currencies, gold or silver. This is not accurate either too since other countries are also print money and govts own most of the gold. Investments in gold or silver are highly leveraged. When you buy into a gold fund, you are not actually buying real gold that they have in stock and could deliver on demand. Commodity indexes are most accurate because they are an average of a lot of different real goods that have real value.

Take a look at the following commodities index chart. It is an average of many different commodities:

http://www.mrci.com/client/crb.php

It appears like the prices were going up steadily since 2001, then came back down in 2008, only to start going back up. Wrong, the price of commodities did not really change. The Value of commentaries would not change unless there is a world wide shortage of goods. What you are seeing is the the banks creating money through loans they give, out of thin air. The govt lets them do this as long as they are backed by collateral. The US Govt has an unfair advantage because it can borrow as much as it wants without collateral. It got out of control by 2008, so they started taking money out of circulation (so to speak by restricting new loans). This is the start of the Great Recession. That's the big secret, the recession is not the problem... it is the FIX. Then the Obama Stimulus package came along. Big mistake... because instead of letting the recession work... Obama wanted to be popular so he printed up some money and started throwing it around. The Value of the dollar starts falling again. From your prospective it appears as if prices are going up.

The reason why the price of oil appears to go up more then other commodities faster is because the oil companies are big enough to hire hundreds of people like me (accountants) to tell them what is really happening to the money supply and how they can maintain their relative position. Oil Companies are able to adjust fast to the supply of money being added and occasionally subtracted from the market. By contrast, when Obama flooded the world with stimulus package money, you were not able to charge into your bosses office and demand a raise... which is what you would have to do in order to keep up. Your boss is able to keep up with the govt when they decide to prop up the dollar by removing money from circulation, because all he has to do is fire you and hire someone unemployed cheaper. That is how recessions work, they are basically employee swaps that adjust salaries lower.

I am not taking political sides here. All administrations and govts around the world like to print money. Creating more money out of thin air is an invisible tax on everyone who saves because it dilutes their monetary savings. It is really no different then counterfeiting, except counterfeit bills are eventually found and taken out of circulation at the expense of the person in possession of that bill.

Lighting Bolt!

There is some seasonal fluctuation in commodities relative to each other... but what you saw back in 2007 and 2008 seemed like all commodities going up. What you saw there was not really the price of those commodities going up... just the price ONE coming down. What you saw was the value of the Dollar falling as they created more and more of it out of thin air. The only difference is that people in America are conditioned to only look at prices from one perspective... the Dollar. Sometimes people get more clever and start to compare the dollar to other currencies, gold or silver. This is not accurate either too since other countries are also print money and govts own most of the gold. Investments in gold or silver are highly leveraged. When you buy into a gold fund, you are not actually buying real gold that they have in stock and could deliver on demand. Commodity indexes are most accurate because they are an average of a lot of different real goods that have real value.

Take a look at the following commodities index chart. It is an average of many different commodities:

http://www.mrci.com/client/crb.php

It appears like the prices were going up steadily since 2001, then came back down in 2008, only to start going back up. Wrong, the price of commodities did not really change. The Value of commentaries would not change unless there is a world wide shortage of goods. What you are seeing is the the banks creating money through loans they give, out of thin air. The govt lets them do this as long as they are backed by collateral. The US Govt has an unfair advantage because it can borrow as much as it wants without collateral. It got out of control by 2008, so they started taking money out of circulation (so to speak by restricting new loans). This is the start of the Great Recession. That's the big secret, the recession is not the problem... it is the FIX. Then the Obama Stimulus package came along. Big mistake... because instead of letting the recession work... Obama wanted to be popular so he printed up some money and started throwing it around. The Value of the dollar starts falling again. From your prospective it appears as if prices are going up.

The reason why the price of oil appears to go up more then other commodities faster is because the oil companies big enough to hire hundreds of people like me to tell them what is really happening to the money supply and how they can maintain their relative position. Oil Companies are able to adjust faster to the supply of money being added and occasionally subtracted from the market. By contrast, when Obama flooded the world with stimulus package money, you were not able to charge into your bosses office and demand a raise... which is what you would have to do in order to keep up. Your boss is able to keep up with the govt when they decide to prop up the dollar by removing money from circulation, because all he has to do is fire you and hire someone unemployed cheaper. That is how recessions work, they are basically employee swaps that adjust salaries lower.

I am not taking political sides here. All administrations and govts around the world like to print money. Creating more money out of thin air is an invisible tax on everyone who saves because it dilutes their monetary savings. It is really no different then counterfeiting, except counterfeit bills are eventually found and taken out of circulation at the expense of the person in possession of that bill.

Wow, and I thought it was a bunch of capitalist fatasses sitting around smoking cigars making millions of dollars lieing and sticking it too us. Now I feel silly.