jermz1987

I.O. Inc Rifles?

The other day I took a ride down to Cheyenne Mountain Outfitters. They had 3 new rifles on the rack. The guy behind the counter said they just got them in and were among the best AKs you could get in New Jersey. It felt nice and solid. A big plus is that it takes standard AK mags.

Price tag was 399.

http://www.ioinc.us/

• Like 1

Well, from what I hear they go bang every time.

2 maybe issues:

Furniture is FUUUGLY

It's all american (which shouldnt be the case for AKs but meh)

I wouldnt call it the best AK you can get in jersey though...you can get any AK you want if you mod it properly. A red jacket build would be the best of the best...

me like!!!! Glenn and I, we like AKs very much, but we disagree on furniture. He likes that original wood Soviet conscript soldier look, I wanna "paint it black"

Jeremy, 400 smakers? which model was it? I've actaully seen the IO site before and liked these very much. they got the NJ legal mags for them?

Looks good, I prefer non-standard furniture on AKs anyway. I own both rifles with Saiga handguard and AK handguards. The AK handguards I consider a drawback and prefer full length ones as I like to hold the rifle all the way out by the gas block with them for much better stability.

My only complaint with that STG rifle would be the decreased sigh radius, but other than that it looks fine and it's really not much of a reduction anyway. It's an AK and won't fail you, so for $400 you really can't go wrong.

me like!!!! Glenn and I, we like AKs very much, but we disagree on furniture. He likes that original wood Soviet conscript soldier look, I wanna "paint it black"

Jeremy, 400 smakers? which model was it? I've actaully seen the IO site before and liked these very much. they got the NJ legal mags for them?

Sounds like they ship w/10 rounders "AK47-C and STG2000-C rifles sent to MD, NY and NJ can only have 10-round magazines"

BTW im doing that group buy right now for 15 round mags. I know you wont be getting the rifle super soon but this is a good opportunity.

PICS!!! (please) what do you think of it? $399 + tax & NICS?

i wish it was that cheap, but no. total ended up being around $550, which is $100 more than i wanted to pay. wtvr its done, i got it. the quality is decent, wouldnt know for sure till i take her out for a date. as u will see in the pix some spots have machine marks, but i dont really care. had to fix the dust cover a lil as it wudnt go in the place after i took it off. there was some rust on the inside, but it was easy to take off. over the phone they told me they have several color options, but, of course, when i got there there was only this earth color ones. again dont care that much as i will change the stock to wooden in the future anyways. besides i think it looks less "evil" and different this way. comes with the sling and cleaning kit. the mag it comes with is sucky to say the least. overall im very happy that i finally got myself an AK style rifle. and yes i know i cudve done saiga conversation for less, which im planing to do in the future anyways. however i just dont have the space, time or tools to do it atm. as soon as i go to CR, will let u know if she is a good dancer.

PS i like the way the pins are done which u see in the pix.