jermz1987

I.O. Inc Rifles?

Ok so I was talking to a very nice gentleman today and this is the intel that he provided. There was a settlement reached in the I.O. Inc case. All the changes so far seems to affect only I. O. Inc rifles. The biggest issue that NJ had with these rifles was >>> you guessed it or not but it was the pistol grip o.O I wudve never guessed. So now they are requiring I.O. Inc to change all the stocks to Saiga type. The stores Shud b getting a letter within couple of weeks stating the requirements. And now I'm not sure what to

do if they gonna change the stock.

PS of course I cant vouch for what he said 100% so I'm gonna put a disclaimer

Above statement is subject to change without notice :)

I wonder if there was another evil feature on the rifle that made it so they had to remove the pistol grip?

I don't really see it. There is a pistol grib and detachable mag. That's 2 evil features. I posted pix in the beginning of this thread, chk them out.

i dont get it... this is dumb.... i thought pistol grip was legal? as long as it doesnt have an adjustable stock? how are they gonna change the stocks on those io rifles without changing the trigger's position, its gonna be ****! nj is so confusing!!!!

i dont get it... this is dumb.... i thought pistol grip was legal? as long as it doesnt have an adjustable stock? how are they gonna change the stocks on those io rifles without changing the trigger's position, its gonna be ****! nj is so confusing!!!!

nothing confusing about it.. here is how NJ works..

the government just does whatever they want to do.. irregardless of law or logic.. lol

• Like 1

So I got a call from the store today. I.O. Inc pulled all of their rifles from the state. I got offered full refund or credit towards another rifle with a 10% discount >>> I gave them 3 choices SGL-21, M-60 or MAC-90. the lady said she will find out and get back to me. Will let you know.

So, I assume that CM is back selling other AK types, just not the IOI ones.

I believe so. She asked me : u want a 7.62x39 rifle? I said :yes, pls. Anything specific? So i listed the first 3 that came to my mind. She said : im gonna find out and call you back. let's see what they tell me

So I got a call from the store today. I.O. Inc pulled all of their rifles from the state. I got offered full refund or credit towards another rifle with a 10% discount >>> I gave them 3 choices SGL-21, M-60 or MAC-90. the lady said she will find out and get back to me. Will let you know.

SGL? get a Saiga and do your own.. you are taking the fun out of it....

Vlad - I think you should put "Get a Saiga and convert it to your liking!" in your signature :icon_e_biggrin:

I KNOW that my response must get tired at times..

I am all for getting whatever the hell you want to get.. lol this is the land of the free after all.. but if you are after that type of rifle it is IMO a no brainer.. you get a genuine Russian receiver which may not really matter to most.. you also get the ability to build it out however your heart desires.. chrome lined barrel.. also the Saiga is decently accurate for that type of gun.. and above all else.. you learn the gun on an intimate level inside and out while doing the work.. I would buy a Saiga a million times over.. without the slightest bit of hesitation..

Vlad - I think you've convinced many, myself included that this is a good route to go. Those of us who are not in the "purist" camp are after what you're describing. Thanks for the write up on the other thread. I think you've inspired a few NJGF Saiga conversions - way to go, man!

The other day I took a ride down to Cheyenne Mountain Outfitters. They had 3 new rifles on the rack. The guy behind the counter said they just got them in and were among the best AKs you could get in New Jersey. It felt nice and solid. A big plus is that it takes standard AK mags.

Price tag was 399.

http://www.ioinc.us/

Questions: How do you get a scope on these? Meaning a solid mount that holds zero. I can live with regular or scout.

Thanks.

It's Wud have to be scout type>>> either instead of rear iron sight or on top of the handguard.

PS you do know you can't get I.O. Inc rifles in NJ anymore , right?

tuktuk - if you getta chance see my post at nj guns laws. thanks.

al