jermz1987

I.O. Inc Rifles?

Guys you will never believe wat just happened !!!!!! The lady from Cheyenne mountain outfitters called me. She said that the state police called them. They said that after the investigation they determined the I. O. Inc ak style rifle that I bought is NJ ILLEGAL. They pulling the rifle state wide. They gave everybody an "option" of bringing the rifle back to the store within 24 hours OR , I love this part, state troopers will come and pick it up themselves. The lady was very nice, she said they will issues everybody a refund. Kraziness !!! WTH

Sorry for double posting just want everybody to see this

no idea why Krdshrk. PK muzzle is welded on. im posting pix in a few.

as far as i know when i checked the rifle on the outside and the inside (my buddy who is a certified gunsmith was playing with it and didnt find anything odd also) everything was in line with NJ regulations.

the lady from the store was mad cause its like a couple dozen of rifles for Cheyenne Mountain Outfitters and hundreds of rifles all over the state. and the stores have to give the refunds without knowing if I.O. Inc will take the rifles back.

See, thats what you get for buying an american made "AK"!

LOL

Totally stupid....

this rifle is SO MUCH MORE DEADLY than all the XXXXX and such out there :facepalm:

In an effort to not take a small fire that is only burning a few branches, and turn it into a full blown forest fire.. I suggest we NOT use that line of thinking as a defense.. :)

i spoke to Dave (the owner of CMO). he told me that they have no idea why IO rifles are being pulled. he said he was on the phone with NRA and IO the whole day yday and today in the mourning. both NRA and IO hired lawyers and challenging the state. he gave me several options: full refund, full credit plus discount towards any firearm in the store or to let CMO keep my IO rifle for 2-3 weeks to see where the wind will blow. when i asked him about ordering that Century Polish rifle he was hesitant to do so. Dave didnt say yes and he didnt say no. he just said lets wait a lil and see wat happens. so this is all the info i got so far. they said they will call me if there are any news.

only thing i can think of is this:

the AG is such a blind, ignorant pig, she has no clue as to the different makers of the AK variants. someone shows her a picture of an IO AK. she immediately thinks its an AK-47, and is probably swayed by the website proclaiming it a "NJ legal AK." she therefore thinks this particular rifle slipped through her fingers in a loophole and pounces on it. im sure these anti-gun morons have no idea that different companies make the same style rifle.

you think any dumbass brady backer knows that bushmaster, colt, noveske, CMMG, stag, olympic, etc. all make AR rifles? they probably think every AK is made by one company, and every AR is made by one company.

in other words, they want to ban pickup trucks. so they ban ford, since thats the most popular pickup. but are completely ignorant to the fact that GM, dodge, jap makers all make pickups.

• Like 1

... both NRA and IO hired lawyers and challenging the state. ...

Very glad to hear this. I think it would benefit all NJ gun owners if a precedent gets established here that the IO is not an assault weapon.

If I see that the NRA actually makes a contribution to gun rights in this state then I'll join.

eh.....maybe alaska or vermont. both have unrestricted carry.....which means as long as youre a citizen, over 18 and clean record, you CCW without a permit. even non-residents. ive spent some time in both states, ironically. so does either utah or arizona, whichever one.

It's arizona, and they kept the permit process for citizens of their state to still have a permit for other states. Cause, "this is gun country"!

IF you can guess what movie that's from you'll be my hero!

I was in for a group buy on a bunch of IO 7.62s when we heard from the FFL that the state was banning them and recalling any that were sold. So I simply got my money back and bought a saiga before they make those illegal. Really hope that one day this state wakes up from their liberal dream and gets sober. With the knee jerk reaction to the Arizona shooting, I doubt that will happen anywhere anytime soon. Of course if anyone in the crowd that day was carrying a concealed weapon, odds are they would have taken him down before so many people were shot.

I still got no news on the status of I.O. Rifles case. And wat Sux even more z that the owner doesn't want to do transfers of any other "Russian" style rifles until this one is resolved..... I can get the money back but I want to use the owners offer of still spending it in the store and getting hefty discount in return....