StephanieSeven

New Member from Monmouth Co.

Hi! I'm from Monmouth County. I practice pistol at Shore Shot in Lakewood weekly. Occasionally I go to Fort Dix Range 14 to shoot trap and skeet. Recently started shooting at a couple steel shoots at CJRP and hope to try IPSC next month.

Just hoping to meet some other shooting fans and learn more about the sport.

Welcome. I just shot my first USPSA match on Sunday at CJRPC. The next one's at Old Bridge RPC on the 24th - you should come try it.

Thanks! I was suppose to go to that match at CJRPC but had some stuff to do. I may check out Old Bridge. Heard it's a nice venue and it's certainly closer to home than CJRPC.

Hi from Middletown. I shoot at Shore Shot too. Actually, a few of us are meeting there tonight around 7-7:30pm. You are welcome to join us.

Thanks for the offer. Maybe next week. I was just there last night for the fun shoot. I usually shoot Friday nights. Let me know though and maybe I'll swing down next Tuesday.

Thanks for the offer. Maybe next week. I was just there last night for the fun shoot. I usually shoot Friday nights. Let me know though and maybe I'll swing down next Tuesday.

I need to make it to the fun shoot some time. Friends of mine that go every week (Guy, John, and Ron) are always trying to get me to come there, but Mondays are tough for me.

I need to make it to the fun shoot some time. Friends of mine that go every week (Guy, John, and Ron) are always trying to get me to come there, but Mondays are tough for me.

Yeah. Those knuckleheads are my crew. Ron has been pretty busy lately so he hasn't been around as much but Guy and John were there last night.

Welcome!

I've always been interested in checking out the fun shoot as well... what sort of things do they do there?

They do two stages. Some from a static position, some that aren't. 80 rounds total. Scored based off time and then add time based off how well you shoot. I enjoy the people and the range but don't foresee going to the fun shoots on a regular basis. They start late (I didn't shoot the first phase until 9p) and frankly, I think it's pretty overpriced for what it is ($20). Can shoot a full day of steel for less than that. But on the other hand, really good people and atmosphere and a good opportunity to practice in a less stressful environment than some of the more formal matches.

Good deal. I'll keep it in mind.

Another thing - Check out the thread we have on the intro to USPSA:

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/18511-new-to-uspsa/

Some very very good info there that I found useful for my first match.

Another thing - Check out the thread we have on the intro to USPSA:

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/18511-new-to-uspsa/

Some very very good info there that I found useful for my first match.

Thanks! I'll definitely check it out. Btw...whats a NJ ZED Sgt?

It's a girl!!! :icon_e_surprised: Just kidding. Welcome this forum is a great place to meet new shooters and feel like the NJ shooters are a community. Maks is our intrepid leader.

Don't be a hater. We all can't be women. Embrace the fact that you're not. It's all good. I won't judge you. :)

Thanks! I'll definitely check it out. Btw...whats a NJ ZED Sgt?

Don't be a hater. We all can't be women. Embrace the fact that you're not. It's all good. I won't judge you. :)

Stephanie I don't hate women the world would be boring without you.