StephanieSeven

New Member from Monmouth Co.

I have to warn you that i'm tall so apparently i have a natural advantage. A buddy once told me he should get a 2-bird handicap against me due to my height. Asked him why and he said it was because of my height that i was that much closer to the birds when they shoot out of the trap. :facepalm:

If I thought height had anything to do with it, I'd learn to shoot skeet on stilts.

If I thought height had anything to do with it, I'd learn to shoot skeet on stilts.

Do that in a skirt. Your scores may not go up, but the competition's scores should drop significantly.

Do that in a skirt. Your scores may not go up, but the competition's scores should drop significantly.

Oh if you only knew how funny that is.

Dude, their shooting rifles and stuff at Dix on the 30th. The trap/ skeet field will be a world away from them. Maybe we can get Kristen to try out her new mossberg on the 30th.

My favorite word is dude, I spend Friday nights at the range, and like shooting skeet even though I'm terrible at it. You don't seriously think I own a skirt do you?

I nearly just spit up my morning coffee on my computer monitor. Good reply!

Dude, their shooting rifles and stuff at Dix on the 30th. The trap/ skeet field will be a world away from them. Maybe we can get Kristen to try out her new mossberg on the 30th.

Yeah, sorry. I got your text. I slept in this morning. Yeah, definitely the 30th. We'll firm up the time when it gets closer. She have a 12g or 20g?

I nearly just spit up my morning coffee on my computer monitor. Good reply!

Thanks. :) I made a funny. BTW, Bryan says I know who you are. Sorry. Can't put a face to the name. I'm sure we'll cross paths again soon enough.

If you ever find yourself up north on a Sunday, come out to Sparta and hit the skeet range. There are a bunch of Fudds old-timers shooting there who love to give shooting tips to newcomers to the sport.

You'd be the high point of their day.

Some of these guys are really good, too. A couple of former competition shooters, and a bunch of guys who've been shooting longer than I've been breathing (and I'm not as young as I used to be).

They've been pushing me to try it, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around trap shooting. They say skeet is easier than trap because the bird flies the same path each time, but I'm not buying it.

K

They say skeet is easier than trap because the bird flies the same path each time, but I'm not buying it.

K

Yeah. Don't drink that Kool-Aid. Trap is a billion times easier in my opinion. The clays shoot out and away from you. So yes, there's a little variation in the height but you don't have to track it moving across like with skeet.

I'll take you up on the visit to Sparta. I can certainly use the help with skeet. REALLY REALLY use the help.

Trap is a billion times easier in my opinion.

+1. In trap your vertical lead is pretty much the same for each shot because they all follow nearly the same vertical trajectory. The only thing that changes is the horizontal direction.

Skeet requires constantly changing your horizontal lead depending on where you're standing.

Edited by lunker

:wub:

Wow, 4 pages and counting on an introduction. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that he's a SHE?

All the hounds have their noses up. Something new is in the air.

Here I thought the welcome was just because of my charming personality and desire to learn. <_<

Are there any other women on here?

Chirp... Chirp..

Those were crickets. :)

Actually there are a few women here, but except for Anastasia and you, I don't think anyone else made it obvious in their screen name.

Here I thought the welcome was just because of my charming personality and desire to learn. <_<

Are there any other women on here?

A charming personality and desire to learn only count for so much. The rest is the novelty of your gender.

Yeah, there are a couple of other women on the board, but they seem to participate less and less. I don't know if it's because they generally find us crass and boorish, or if they just move on to something else. There may be a "women and guns" forum somewhere that they eventually migrate to. Dunno, but it is what it is.

Yeah, there are a couple of other women on the board, but they seem to participate less and less. I don't know if it's because they generally find us crass and boorish, or if they just move on to something else. There may be a "women and guns" forum somewhere that they eventually migrate to. Dunno, but it is what it is.

Sheesh. Women!

Thanks. Are you going to be our fearless reloading leader? I want to learn. Santa is coming soon.

I guess I will have to have a reloading class some time soon. There are a bunch of folks on the board who have asked about that.

I'm on the fence though because it means I would actually have to clean up my basement first for guests. :lol:

Hah Team CSS. I'd join but I'm actually an OK shooter some of the time. And yeah - I tried to get my GF into shooting, but she's pretty indifferent to it. Plus she has small hands and my gun grips are too big for her.

Now that is funny!