Sign in to follow this  
matty

Meanwhile, back in the real world...

It has actually been pretty quiet so far this month. Last month there was about 8 different shootings that I know of.

As the economy continues to slide, we're gonna be hearing more of the "held up/shot/killed for food and pocket change" stories. And at the same time police departments are trimming staff, budgets are being cut and services reduced.

I'm afraid that more and more people, some of whom would never consider such actions, are gonna be driven over the line just by the overwhelming weight of their personal circumstances. It may start to get much uglier out there much quicker than anyone ever thought it would.

I've heard from an inside source that the state is considering putting the NG on patrol in the major cities that are cutting back on police (Newark, Atlantic City, Camden to name a few). Considering the NG is not strapped by Posse Comitatus and other restrictions-- plus they're responsibility is to/for the state... and they don't get paid over time... I guess the state government could pull it off. I know in NYC they have Army units that help supplement the law enforcement entities, as well as providing supplemental help regarding emergency services (namely medics).

Of course I don't know to what extent the NG's role would be in a policing action in NJ cities, but its an interesting proposition. I personally don't think its a good idea (as the military is not a policing force, bottom line), but it could help relieve some stress on the current situation.

For the record, my post is a tinfoil-free.

Shootings at night and home invasions during the day. Last month there was a string of stroller robberies!

http://www.thelakewoodscoop.com/news/2010/10/breaking-news-home-invasion.html#more-27720

We just had 2 houses hit in my neighborhood in the past 2 weeks. Both same day, right next door to each other, broad daylight, on a busy road. They even parked in the driveway, went thru some back screens, made off with mostly small stuff, jewelery boxes and such.. haven't been caught.. funny, a few days later the alarm company was there doing an install.. a bit late no? whats the chances of them coming back???

We just had 2 houses hit in my neighborhood in the past 2 weeks. Both same day, right next door to each other, broad daylight, on a busy road. They even parked in the driveway, went thru some back screens, made off with mostly small stuff, jewelery boxes and such.. haven't been caught.. funny, a few days later the alarm company was there doing an install.. a bit late no? whats the chances of them coming back???

The Bangers in Atlantic City and IIRC Trenton were wearing t-shirts that had "D-DAY" on the front, and the Layoff Dates for the officers in both cities on the back.... and that HAS been confirmed..although you wont see it in the news.