Sign in to follow this  
ChrisJM981

TLR-1s

..., but next time I impulse buy I should make sure that it'll fit my gun. :facepalm: It's a no-go for the XD Sub-Compact. On the bright side(no pun intended) my impulse buy got me (2)13 round mags, a Midway Range Bag, and 150 Orange Peel targets. I guess I'll just have to buy a full size combat handgun to put the light on :icon_twisted:

TLR-1's on ARs is all the rage right now (well, at least a growing trend). Its compact, light weight, more then enough light, and easy to manipulate with practice (and if you have the rail-space for it).

or you can get the pressure switch for it, like Pizza Bobby has.

Yea, that's true. I'm not a big proponent for tape switches, but its better then nothing. I also wasn't sure, but do TLR-1's need some sort of extra attachment to use the tape switch? That was the impression I got when I checked it out on the company's site.

Yea, that's true. I'm not a big proponent for tape switches, but its better then nothing. I also wasn't sure, but do TLR-1's need some sort of extra attachment to use the tape switch? That was the impression I got when I checked it out on the company's site.

They require a different tail-cap so you can plug-in the presure switch. As for the switch itself, they make them with both coiled and straight cords. My shotgun being a pump (thanks NJ) got the coiled one since the switch is on the forend and has to move with it. For an AR, I'd get a straight one.

Adios,

Pizza Bob