dpas1973

10/23/24/10 allentown pa gun show

it says expo center is that a big show?

Big building - decent sized show. And I was incorrect - not a MAAC's show but an Appalachian Promotions one. Trying to re-establish themselves in the A-town market. Nice wide aisles, fair to good sized crowd. Some will take them to task for non-gun vendors, but even VF had a jewelry vendor - and we all eat jerky :icon_mrgreen: . This is the promoter that had the shows in the NE Philly armory. Those stopped for renovation of the armory and they can't seem to square things away for the building or fire inspectors to the point where the gun show will come back.

For those with GPS: 501 Cetronia Rd, Allentown, PA. If I'm free Saturday, I'll probably run up there.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

well the one in allentown is 90 miles from me. idk about wind gap

Yeah, but pretty much a straight shot across I-78.

You just got a new rifle & scope, what are you going to be looking for at the show - or is it just entertainment value?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Yeah, I think it was 21 for 231, 24 for the 748. Small and large pistol primers were 32 I think. I got the guy to knock off $1 each item but then he charged me tax. It was very weird to be honest. Cash price got a little break, but he charged tax? lol

Yeah, I think it was 21 for 231, 24 for the 748. Small and large pistol primers were 32 I think. I got the guy to knock off $1 each item but then he charged me tax. It was very weird to be honest. Cash price got a little break, but he charged tax? lol

You guys should have gone another 30 minutes to Cabelas. I was there on Friday and 231 and 296 were $17 a pound, not sure about the 748. Primers were $26 I think.

Hummn, not terrible overall, but picked up cci small pistol primer for 22 per k at the valley forge show. Powder should be no more than 19 a lb, especially for common stuff like w231.

Granted did save on hazmat vs shipping.

I picked up a nice 1917 US bolo trench knife, and some gunsmithing stuff. A friend of mine bought 2 ex sniper mosins. There was one dealer where literally every mosin he had was an ex, a friend of mine got 2. It was a big temptation, but i didn't buy any guns or ammo.

Did the Allentown show actually sell guns cause the last time I went, it was all Nazi stuff and other junk (non firearm related stuff, ie airsoft).

That was the other Allentown show. They had one table that had a nazi flag, but that was it.