Wolfy

Barska green laser

I bought a Barska red laser some time ago. I was never happy with it because I couldn't keep the thing adjusted. I'd set it, drive to the range and find that it was now pointing to East Jibbip. Personally, I'd spend the money for a better quality one, if I do it again.

Bob what do you recommend?

Don't know what to tell you, Wolfy. I don't own any lasers. I do know you can expect tp pay more than double the price of a red laser, for a green one from the same manufacturer. Lasermax at a minimum - I like their little lo-pro rail mount and they come in red or green. I think lasers are like optics, if you want one that works and is reliable, you gotta part with some coin. For me, there was never enough incentive to make me want to part with the $$$$$$.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

the reason I ask is.. why do you want a laser? to put a dot on something.. the same can be accomplished with a reflex sight (red dot).. and in that same price range you have things that have gotten decent reviews.. I am considering the bushnell equivalent to the aimpoint I have to throw on my CX4 Storm.. and it is about the cost as the laser you listed.. and appears to have gotten decent reviews.. http://www.opticsplanet.net/bushnell-1x25-trophy-series-riflescope-trs-25-red-dot-731303.html

I've been talking to some other people about lasers (I don't own any myself, nor will I any time soon). I think for items like lasers, lights, and other peripherals, I would stick with what has been working for the community.

I'm not a brand-guy, though it happens that a lot of stuff I use happens to be known brands-- though, more importantly, the stuff is known to work (and works for me). However, the market for things like lasers specifically is so small that you're either going to spend good money on something that is safe and will work over time, or it can be a health risk and/or break easily (lemons aside). And the worst part is that the stuff is normally not inexpensive. So, if you're going to spend decent money, might as well invest a bit more for something that will work for the long run.

I'm not going to recommend the expensive stuff because I think super-expensive visual lasers are a waste of money for civilians ("super-expensive" being 400-600+). I've heard decent things about Barska. Lasermax like Pizzabob pointed out. I would also say consider Laserlyte.

Wolfy:

This one almost had me bidding :icon_lol: Don't know anything about this mfg, but they talk a good game. I like the idea of turrets rather than allen screws. No bids yet, and a reasonable (providing it's as good as it appears) BIN price.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/957006781/Non-Guns/Scopes/Mounts/Rings-and-Optics/Tactical-Scopes/Optic/Light-Combos/LDM_165mW_Green_Laser_Ext_Range_6V_Dual_Cell.htm#

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Hey Bro,

Not sure what range you are looking for price range and performance wise, but I've got an Laser Devices OTAL on my POF P308.

It's a quality piece, and is visible under all but the brightest light condition to an easy twenty five yards or so. It obviously works much better indoors and in reduced lighting...

I've been meaning to give it a run at dusk on my 600 yard range to see how far it really works in dim light. The company claims 450 meters at night...

Respectfully,

Harry