CageFighter

legal NJ shotgun??

I believe so. the "evil" features AFAIK don't apply to pump action shotguns. but the question is, do you really want a pistol grip only shotgun? you can really only fire that from the hip. most people get hit in the face trying to shoot those at eye level. while they look bada**, they're not as functional.

is this what you mean?

post-2305-057977100 1287973449_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The only additional thing you have to worry about here is that what you're describing isn't a shotgun by federal definition (shotguns have a stock) so you have to be 21 to purchase it. You can still buy it in NJ on just a FID and a NICS check however. The only thing different is the age limit.

Do yourself a favor and get yourself a shotgun that you can actually use for something besides shits and giggles. You will be much happier with your purchase down the road. Look into a standard Mossberg 500 or Remington 870. The muzzle brake on that looks cool but doesn't really do anything for recoil, shotguns have far too low pressure at the muzzle for muzzle brakes to work effectively.

The BATF started "interpreting" the federal regulations that way at the beginning of last year.

Same goes for receivers (AR 15 AR 10 etc) unless a rifle stock is already attached - all have to be purchased in you home state.

As for pump shotguns all configurations are legal in NJ.

The BATF started "interpreting" the federal regulations that way at the beginning of last year.

Same goes for receivers (AR 15 AR 10 etc) unless a rifle stock is already attached - all have to be purchased in you home state.

As for pump shotguns all configurations are legal in NJ.

+1 and as far as the pistol grip, both The Remington series and Mossberg are easly converted to a sholder stock

if you so choose. I wouldnt actually make a PGSG my first choice due to the recoil issue if your not use to it but to each his own.

I believe so. the "evil" features AFAIK don't apply to pump action shotguns. but the question is, do you really want a pistol grip only shotgun? you can really only fire that from the hip. most people get hit in the face trying to shoot those at eye level. while they look bada**, they're not as functional.

is this what you mean?

yep, thats it!

If you buy it, spend a few more dollars and buy a shoulder stock for it so you can use it for more than just blasting ****. That way you can buy a long barrel for trap and a mid sized one fore hunting, if you ever decide to go that way.

If you buy it, spend a few more dollars and buy a shoulder stock for it so you can use it for more than just blasting ****. That way you can buy a long barrel for trap and a mid sized one fore hunting, if you ever decide to go that way.

i would definately add a shoulder stock. i dont think i'd go trap shooting, but i would consider hunting ZOMBIES. i got no patience or time for the other hunting.

since i know nothing about legal shotguns in NJ, can we have a Mossberg 500 Road Blocker, 6-shot? it just has a pistol grip & muzzlebrake. looks bad a**! i saw one @ the Allentown show today.

If you are interested in any gun and have the funds, just pull the trigger (no pun intended) and buy it. Don't let other folks convince you otherwise. You'll find out yourself whether the stuff you buy is a keeper or not. Some people may like it and some people won't, but who cares? If you enjoy shooting it that's all that matters. :)

i would definately add a shoulder stock. i dont think i'd go trap shooting, but i would consider hunting ZOMBIES. i got no patience or time for the other hunting.

Meh, shotguns are a very poor choice for zombie hunting. If you're looking to hunt zombies, get an intermediate caliber rifle.

is this what you mean?

I had a pistol grip ONLY on my 500 for some time.. shot tons of different loads through it.. never had a single issue with getting hurt or anything... in fact there is a video somewhere of me shooting it with no issue.. the thing about guns is you simply can not generalize.. skill, physical size, and strength also comes into play.. just because i am comfortable shooting a pistol grip 12 gauge does not mean that my girlfriend can do the same.. I switched out to a knoxx stock simply to make longer shots more comfortable.. the $60 knoxx stock is IMO the perfect setup for these guns.. compact collapsible stock.. but its there if you want it..

I meant to also say that I don't know the person's body size and build, so I don't want to generalize. didn't want to make the post too long. you are absolutely correct, Vlad - it's a subjective thing. what feels right to me, may not feel right to you or may be absolutely perfect for the next guy or gal.

I meant to also say that I don't know the person's body size and build, so I don't want to generalize. didn't want to make the post too long. you are absolutely correct, Vlad - it's a subjective thing. what feels right to me, may not feel right to you or may be absolutely perfect for the next guy or gal.

no worries! It's just funny because when I bought the gun.. they kind of gave me the same line.. oh you might not want it in pistol grip... blah blah.. and yeah I had handled shotguns before.. but due to all that hype I actually shot bird shot in the thing first.. it was so manageable I remember laughing.. I am 6 foot 3 a little over 2oo lbs.. but even after switching to pretty aggressive buckshot the gun was still perfectly manageable.. the stock just allows me to shoot the gun more like a rifle.. that's the only reason I added it..

+1 all the way true!

i can shoot my 12 gauge pg mossberg 500 at face level with no problem, and have never hurt my hand, arm, or face. just make sure you are aware and conscious of the kick each and every time you are about to pull the trigger, and keep it away from in front of your face, but more parallel to your face. just an fyi i am about 5,9" and weighing 125 lbs. everyone who says shotguns hurt or that they broke bones were obviously not firing it right. our palm will probably get red due to the recoil hitting your hand everytime you shoot it but it doesnt hurt.

• Like 1

i can shoot my 12 gauge pg mossberg 500 at face level with no problem, and have never hurt my hand, arm, or face. just make sure you are aware and conscious of the kick each and every time you are about to pull the trigger, and keep it away from in front of your face, but more parallel to your face. just an fyi i am about 5,9" and weighing 125 lbs. everyone who says shotguns hurt or that they broke bones were obviously not firing it right. our palm will probably get red due to the recoil hitting your hand everytime you shoot it but it doesnt hurt.

same exact experience I had..

As far as shooting a pistol grip only pump, on the hip or chest is ideal. Anywhere near the face and your asking for trouble. Just search "shotgun to face" on youtube and see what could happen.

The only additional thing you have to worry about here is that what you're describing isn't a shotgun by federal definition (shotguns have a stock) so you have to be 21 to purchase it.

this statement can be misleading. just to clarify, you need to be 21 to PURCHASE a pistol grip only pump, but you can be 18 to OWN a pistol grip only pump. why? who knows. but thats NJ for you

this statement can be misleading. just to clarify, you need to be 21 to PURCHASE a pistol grip only pump, but you can be 18 to OWN a pistol grip only pump. why? who knows. but thats NJ for you

This reg has nothing to do with NJ, it's a federal reg that began about 2 years ago.