Sign in to follow this  
david8613

how do you store you hd shotgun?

hey guys looking for some cool ways to store/hideaway with quick access to my hd shotgun? i did the 2 hooky thing for quick access but looks really shabby and was looking for some better ideas, pics would be appreciated...

that gave me an idea s8n, homedepot has these kits to make drawers for under the bed its not on the site, but this is something similiar. im gonna try and make a drawer out of wood so i can lock it when im not around, unlock at night ready to go bro!

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Navigation?storeId=10051&N=+90001+525750&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&cm_sp=d27-_-storage-_-closet_storage-_-sub_cat-_-4side_by_side-_-Underbed

I have my 20" 590 resting on a couple of rubberized bicycle hooks, inside a bedroom closet hanging over the doorway. It the most likely place to be missed by a burglar tearing through the house, and also keeps it out of the causal reach of my children. It's got an empty chamber, loaded magazine tube, side saddle and stock pack. It's pretty simple to reach in, grab it and cycle the action to load the chamber. It takes less time to do it then type it out ;) .

I have my 20" 590 resting on a couple of rubberized bicycle hooks, inside a bedroom closet hanging over the doorway. It the most likely place to be missed by a burglar tearing through the house, and also keeps it out of the causal reach of my children. It's got an empty chamber, loaded magazine tube, side saddle and stock pack. It's pretty simple to reach in, grab it and cycle the action to load the chamber. It takes less time to do it then type it out ;) .

this is exactly how i have right now, but i want closer to me so i can grab it while in bed.

no children in my home...

fully loaded.. one in the chamber.. within arms reach while at home.. in the same when I am not home..

I am a little weary of having a round in the chamber like that.

The answer to this question definitely depends on your lifestyle. I live with my dad, we both have loaded guns in the spots that we chose, both of which are within reach.

Guest megaman

Fully cocked and ready to roll Glock 30 by the bed side in a quick safe. The safe is flush with the wall, so I basically have to roll over, tap it, and grab the glock...

The answer to this question definitely depends on your lifestyle. I live with my dad, we both have loaded guns in the spots that we chose, both of which are within reach.

don't worry.. its not a Remington 700.. so it won't shoot itself.. :icon_razz:

I live by myself and don't leave a round in the chamber either. With a shotgun the sound of a slide being racked is a good warning.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=676333

I like that very much indeed.

I've had mixed reviews with some stuff ive bought from the guide, but I really like this thing. Yeah it's $20 and I could probably made something that would work for like half from home depot, but its premade for guns, 4 screws and your good to go. Takes only a second to get it out.. and short of a hurricane, its not falling down.

I messed around with trying to manuver a shotgun while in the lying position, and aslo having access if i had to run into the bed room, and it wasn't going to work out.. didn't like it when i was wide awake.. so it sure as hell wasnt going to happen half asleep in the middle of the night while some thug is beating me..

This is the backup gun.. or if someone is loud enough and breaking down the door.. giving me enough time kind of situation.

I live by myself and don't leave a round in the chamber either. With a shotgun the sound of a slide being racked is a good warning.

Officer: Did you warn him that you felt your life was in danger before you fired?

You: Nope, I cocked my shotgun!

:icon_lol:

sitting in my bedroom closet unloaded but 11 rounds of 00Buck on the stock and side

I can load it pretty quick so I'm not worried. It used to be loaded, but having a 2 year old that wants to touch anything and everything changed that.

Child Access Prevention Law: Requires adults to either store loaded guns in a place that is reasonably inaccessible to children, or use a device to lock the gun. If a child obtains an improperly stored, loaded gun, the adult owner is criminally liable.

Child Access Prevention Law: Requires adults to either store loaded guns in a place that is reasonably inaccessible to children, or use a device to lock the gun. If a child obtains an improperly stored, loaded gun, the adult owner is criminally liable.

I am sure that Ray Ray knows the law, which is as follows, not your quote. Keep in mind, it only applies to LOADED firearms and it is an offense, not a crime.

2C:58-15. Minor's access to a loaded firearm; penalty, conditions

1. a. A person who knows or reasonably should know that a minor is likely to gain access to a loaded firearm at a premises under the person's control commits a disorderly persons offense if a minor gains access to the firearm, unless the person:

(1) Stores the firearm in a securely locked box or container;

(2) Stores the firearm in a location which a reasonable person would believe to be secure; or

(3) Secures the firearm with a trigger lock.

b. This section shall not apply:

(1) To activities authorized by section 14 of P.L.1979, c.179, (C.2C:58-6.1), concerning the lawful use of a firearm by a minor; or

(2) Under circumstances where a minor obtained a firearm as a result of an unlawful entry by any person.

c. As used in this act, "minor" means a person under the age of 16.

L.1991,c.397,s.1.

• Like 1

I remembered there being a law about firearms and children, so thats what I came up with from a QUICK search. What I had read was that the firearm and ammo should be stored separately, and the firearm out of reasonable reach from a minor.

That being said, I am more than willing to admit when I am wrong. So, I guess I should have looked further :icon_redface:

sitting in my bedroom closet unloaded but 11 rounds of 00Buck on the stock and side

I can load it pretty quick so I'm not worried. It used to be loaded, but having a 2 year old that wants to touch anything and everything changed that.

Thanks Paul, but I thought I made that pretty clear.