NicePants

Laminating an FPID card?

So, I got my FPID card from the Paterson PD about a month ago. The thing is pretty damn flimsy and I'd like to get it laminated. I asked my uncle about it (works as a detective in the PD) and he told me not to. Is there any reason I shouldn't get it laminated?

So, I got my FPID card from the Paterson PD about a month ago. The thing is pretty damn flimsy and I'd like to get it laminated. I asked my uncle about it (works as a detective in the PD) and he told me not to. Is there any reason I shouldn't get it laminated?

I always have. My social security card too. Not suppose to do that either. Once they make replacements quick, easy, and free, I'll stop laminating them.

• Like 1

My town did not laminate mine, I went straight from picking it up at the PD to Staples to have it laminated. Gone through several transactions, and not one problem. As stated before....once these cards are easy and cheap to replace, I MAY consider not having them laminated.

Do it. My PD did it in the the station.

my old town told me not to as well. No explanation. I did promptly have it laminated anyway. My new town suggested I get it laminated.

Probably not a law or SOP, most likely some cop wives tale that it's not allowed.

Mine has always been laminated, SS card as well. Never had any problems

The detective at my town told me he doesn't think it would be a problem, however, he said he wouldn't be surprised if there was some stupid law written somewhere that you can't laminate it (just like the first line on the back of the SS card).