I prefer to carry my trusted Kershaw Leek. Its made in America from stainless steel and has a 3 inch blade. It also has a lifetime warranty which Kershaw is very good about. They will also sharpen it for free at any time if you mail it to them (never have but its a nice gesture).

Leek.jpg

I'm picless but I carry 2 knives at work. One is just a work knife for daily tasks. It's a OD green folder Buck knife. My "other" use knife is usually a Cuda lefty ATS 34. If I need something a little lighter, I go with a Ka-Bar folder.

I just picked this up at Dicks for $27 very sharp and assisted opening. Kershaw Scallion. Carries very nicely.

I wish I had picked one of those up. I got one with the serrated edge and it sucks. The serrations fold over just cutting a zip tie!! I have the little brother to the scallion, the chive, and love it. The edge has yet to dull, and I have been using this as EDC knife for almost 6 months. May have to go to Dicks to pick up the scallion you got.

Too lazy to dig up pics right now, but most of the time I have an Emerson CQC-10 or an Emerson MiniCommander on the right side, and a Kershaw Blur on the left.

Harry - nice HAK. Don't see those very often.

If I had to walk out of the house with ONE item other than clothing, it would be my knife. I feel naked without my knife just like teenagers feel naked without their phones :blink:

I never go with a no-name knife, but I definitely get cheaper knives because I tend to lose a couple over the years. I used to get folding Buck knives for around ~$30-$60, but now I carry a S&W First Response.

Its used for all around, around the house/work stuff. It was cheap, ~$25, and is SHARP. It also has a window punch, which I really like the idea of.

SWFR.jpg

http://www.swissarmy.com/MultiTools/Pages/Product.aspx?category=everyday&product=53001&

^^ on my keys, even makes it through the xray machines at most locations

I lost a switchblade this week (less than a 2 inch blade) - that's what I get for going to a courthouse. So, I'm now carrying a no-name US made folder from probably the 50's or 60's with high carbon steel blades and the requisite rust from a knife so old.