Jon

Rimfire scope for <$150

I currently have a Bushnell Rimfire 3-9x scope on my .22wmr, which has treated me very very well. Now that I'm starting to shoot the rifle at 150+ yards I'd like to replace it with something that has a bit more magnification. I'd like a variable power that's capable of 12x, has similar(or better) clarity as the Bushnell, and looking to stay under $150 or so(it's just a plinker/varmint gun anyway).

look at the Mueller scopes.

http://www.muelleroptics.com/

I have a 2-7x32 from them that is beautifully clear.

I know they have a 4-14x40 and a some other choices that can be had for $150 or less.

I had it on my scope on my shotgun for a bit...it didn't fly apart under slug recoil so that's good enough for me.

I had a Mueller APV 4-14 that was pretty good however have since replace it with this Tasco. At the recommendation of one of my customers, I gave it a try and discovered it to be an excellent optic for my 10/22 and I purchased the illuminated version for my FIL's Savage 93R17. Just for fun, we stuck it on his M1A and it held up to 50 rounds of milsurp .308 without issue. Then it went back to his Savage for good. At any rate, the glass is pretty good for an $80 scope however at maximum magnification, things do get a bit blurry. I have yet to find a situation where I need all 24x with my 10/22 though.