fliks

The Walking Dead

What did I learn from Walking Dead this season?:

Gun Registration is BAD!

The first act of subjugating a people is their disarmament!

Straight from the history books folks. The producers of this show have it right!

I thought the same thing.  First Negan takes half (or more) of everything, then he confiscates their firearms.  He must be a Democrat!

You can love and/or hate Negan, but he is a great character who brings a lot to the show.  Part of me hopes they can kill him soon, but I realize that's probably not going to happen.

Is it just me, or have there been multiple opportunities to kill him already?  Carl could have put one in his head a few episodes again when he was pointing a handgun at him.  And then again last night, it looked like he had a clear shot at him from the truck.  Even when Carl was sitting with Negan in his living room, Carl had a clear shot to drive a forearm into his throat, and then proceed to take him apart from there.

I'm not a big martial arts guy, but I've seen numerous chances to destroy anatomical targets on the guy.  

• Like 1

I agree he's great, the guy you love to hate.... But what really would happen if someone just killed him?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Would be very different storyline compared to the comics...

Negan stays around for awhile, even after he loses the war.

I get that they are following the story line of the books, however, it's making for a very unbelievable set of events.

Was I dreaming or was there an episode with a king and a tiger? WTF happened with that?!?!?!

Ezekiel and shiva are straight from the comics. He was a zookeeper before the apocalypse, it's all in that first episode with them

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

I get that they are following the story line of the books, however, it's making for a very unbelievable set of events.

Was I dreaming or was there an episode with a king and a tiger? WTF happened with that?!?!?!

:rofl: :rofl:

So, you are ok believing in the premise of the show that the dead are rising and eating people, but a guy calling himself "king" and having a pet tiger, basically being Mike Tyson, that's where you draw the line?

:rofl: :rofl:

• Like 1

Umm, how about an effin' courtesy spoiler alert before dropping that on those of us that don't have time to read the phone books, uh, excuse me, comic books?

Not really a spoiler alert... as the books have been very different from the show.

Some characters aren't present (Daryl), other characters are dead (Carol), and some are still around (Andrea). Rick lost his hand to the Governor, the baby died at the prison, and Tyreese was decapitated instead of Hershel. Also, the BobBQ was actually a DaleBQ.

The comics are actually a little more graphic (Michonne torturing the Governor is a lot worse, and likely couldn't be portrayed on TV), and make some other things easier to understand. I read them as the Compendiums (as you say, phone book) are released... so there is A LOT of show to get up the the third one. And Negan is still around at the end of that...

But the producers could decide that Negan is too bad, have Dwight kill him, take over... and you could still modify the story to keep going. Doubt it, considering Jeffery Dean Morgan is pretty damn good as him.

If you want something you don't have any idea on... watch Fear The Walking Dead.

If you want something you don't have any idea on... watch Fear The Walking Dead.

Or you could have the courtesy to not disclose possible future plot movements in advance of the show progression.  Thanks for enumerating all the details in how the show has varied from the comics, but that is no guarantee that the show won't follow the broad comic storyline in future episodes.

Or you could have the courtesy to not disclose possible future plot movements in advance of the show progression. Thanks for enumerating all the details in how the show has varied from the comics, but that is no guarantee that the show won't follow the broad comic storyline in future episodes.

If you don't like it, don't read my posts.

Here is part of the first post in this thread...

so any thoughts and opinions on the comics & the show... here's a place for them...

Comics are far past that point (actually, ending another conflict with people not yet shown in the show). My statement you got upset over was due to a response of a "what if" question I replied to. That was based off my opinion/thoughts on the show based what I've read. Sorry if you are upset over information that has been out for some time.

Reading as far as I have, the show still interests me. There is more than who wins in a war...

Or you could have the courtesy to not disclose possible future plot movements in advance of the show progression. Thanks for enumerating all the details in how the show has varied from the comics, but that is no guarantee that the show won't follow the broad comic storyline in future episodes.

C'mon Dirty, the comics have been out for years. At this point it isn't spoilers, it's pop-culture knowledge.

That's like getting mad that someone told you that Vader was Luke's dad, or Verbal Kint was Keyser Söze, or Bruce Willis was a ghost all along.

The show is different enough from the comics to be entertaining, even if you know what's going to happen.

If you really don't want to know anything, avoid TWD topics. It's too hard for everyone to keep straight what not to talk about, especially when you are excited to see comic stuff in the show, or your favorite moment from the comics was just shown, and want to geek out with other fans.

• Like 1

Believe it or not, never read the comics, and since the show started I've been purposefully avoiding the comics to try to preserve suspense.

I didn't read this thread from the beginning, so missed that the topic included discussing the comics.  My bad.  I won't darken this thread further.

Believe it or not, never read the comics, and since the show started I've been purposefully avoiding the comics to try to preserve suspense.

I didn't read this thread from the beginning, so missed that the topic included discussing the comics. My bad. I won't darken this thread further.

I have the first compendium, it covers up to the governor plot. Stop by the shop if you want to borrow it

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

That's like getting mad that someone told you that Vader was Luke's dad, or Verbal Kint was Keyser Söze, or Bruce Willis was a ghost all along.

Wait, you mean Darth Vader was Luke's father?  Thanks for ruining that for me!  (Sorry, DD no offense to you intended.)

• Like 1