fliks

The Walking Dead

2 hours ago, Screwball said:

I’m sure it did... mid-season opener, people are going to watch.

While it may have been boring, it shows some insight of what goes on in Rick’s head. They started the future stuff earlier in the season, but seeing Rick and his daughter interacting with Eugene... then Negan, obviously there is some questioning on what is being planned and that vision. If you read the comics, Negan isn’t killed at the end of fighting. It sets up where it may follow the comics... but you see the upcoming scenes, he is still telling Negan he is going to kill him. Might not be everyone’s reason for watching, but there is a point behind it.

The season premiere turned in number 30% below the previous season's. They needed this to bring back people who weren't watching. Even if it had the numbers, I'm guessing next week's will be disappointing. If the decline continues, they have about 2 maybe three more years in it before they are below season 1 numbers. IMO, they need to pick an end date and write to that instead of the perpetual new big bad thing. 

In regards to viewers, if it is 30% less... need to decide if that is due to Netflix/streaming services or actually because lack of interest. Whether or not 100,000,000 or 70,000,000 people watched it (numbers are just representative of 30% difference), they are still making money hand over fist.

IMO, they need to pick an end date and write to that instead of the perpetual new big bad thing.

Problem with that is that the comics aren’t finished. The time we are at in the comics is around the 120s. They are at 176, and if I remember correctly, they planned on it going to at least 300 (supposed to be the life of Rick). There is a lot more past the Saviors.

On 2/26/2018 at 7:07 PM, Screwball said:

In regards to viewers, if it is 30% less... need to decide if that is due to Netflix/streaming services or actually because lack of interest. Whether or not 100,000,000 or 70,000,000 people watched it (numbers are just representative of 30% difference), they are still making money hand over fist.

Problem with that is that the comics aren’t finished. The time we are at in the comics is around the 120s. They are at 176, and if I remember correctly, they planned on it going to at least 300 (supposed to be the life of Rick). There is a lot more past the Saviors.

The ratings these days take into account delayed viewing by DVR, streaming, etc. TWD's only immediate streaming competition is the AMC website/app itself, so that's not it. The numbers are in, and it was 8.3 million viewers, just 200k more than season 2. 

At this point AMC needs to do something. It's still a big show, but they can't afford to keep it starving out other content if they want to have something after TWD. 

The existence of comics is not relevant. They are not obligated to abide by them in any way and would outpace them in 2-3 years likely anyway. My opinion is still that they should come up with and ending, or at least an ending note to break the same old shit cycle, and free up the writers to do something interesting over the next 2-3 years. Put a bow on it, call it done, and move on without running into the inevitable with the comics. 

The season premiere turned in number 30% below the previous season's. They needed this to bring back people who weren't watching. Even if it had the numbers, I'm guessing next week's will be disappointing. If the decline continues, they have about 2 maybe three more years in it before they are below season 1 numbers. IMO, they need to pick an end date and write to that instead of the perpetual new big bad thing. 

I’m growing tired of it. I DVR it like most shows I watch just so I can zip through the commercials. Now I have to zip past 5he show’s bs scenes.

First and foremost, get rid of the soap opera crap. If I want to watch soaps, I’ll watch GH.... Then I bet more will watch.
We want action, blood and guts. No bs... [emoji848]🤨

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, bhunted said:

I’m growing tired of it. I DVR it like most shows I watch just so I can zip through the commercials. Now I have to zip past 5he show’s bs scenes.

First and foremost, get rid of the soap opera crap. If I want to watch soaps, I’ll watch GH.... Then I bet more will watch.
We want action, blood and guts. No bs...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lots of people watch it for the drama. They want drama with action. What they don't want is to be on a treadmill or to watch badly written, drawn out BS. For example a 1 hour death scene. 

• Like 1

Lots of people watch it for the drama. They want drama with action. What they don't want is to be on a treadmill or to watch badly written, drawn out BS. For example a 1 hour death scene. 

Absolutely. I also hate the time warp crap.
If you cut out all the soap stuff, commercials and flashbacks, you have a half hour show. Sheesh.
Best part is when Henry stabbed that dick in the throat.[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/25/2018 at 10:24 PM, Shawnmoore81 said:

That was brutal. I get it Carl’s was a major death but wtf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not upset the character is gone. I just thought it was long, drawn out, boring, and probably one of the worst episodes ever. Possibly a jump the shark moment for the series.

Hope I'm wrong...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 9X19 said:

Not upset the character is gone. I just thought it was long, drawn out, boring, and probably one of the worst episodes ever. Possibly a jump the shark moment for the series.

Hope I'm wrong...

I cut the cord so no more DVR, and the show's stupidity these last couple of episodes is so much more painful when you spend 52% of the time watching commercials. 

• Like 1

I thought this week's episode was decent.  I couldn't have imagined the show continuing without Carl, but it seems like it's going to be fine, just like in real life when someone dies.  I liked the focus on how specific characters are dealing.  Who couldn't enjoy watching Jadis make walker chili!  And it looks like Simon is going to be in deep doo doo with Negan.  I wonder if he's going to have a meeting with Lucille?

2 hours ago, Old Glock guy said:

I thought this week's episode was decent.  I couldn't have imagined the show continuing without Carl, but it seems like it's going to be fine, just like in real life when someone dies.  I liked the focus on how specific characters are dealing.  Who couldn't enjoy watching Jadis make walker chili!  And it looks like Simon is going to be in deep doo doo with Negan.  I wonder if he's going to have a meeting with Lucille?

IMO it was boring, and WTF would you go back to the hill people yet again. It's not really entertaining to watch people make stupid ass decisions in a circle over and over. 

I'm more than ready for this negan arc to end. It had some dynamic range before, but now it's pretty much comitted to pushing the vegetables around the plate. 

On 3/6/2018 at 4:49 PM, raz-0 said:

IMO it was boring, and WTF would you go back to the hill people yet again. It's not really entertaining to watch people make stupid ass decisions in a circle over and over. 

I'm more than ready for this negan arc to end. It had some dynamic range before, but now it's pretty much comitted to pushing the vegetables around the plate. 

I miss hardcore Rick way back in the early seasons of TWD. Totally agree with you @raz-0, that showing Rick going back to the trash people after they have betrayed him twice just conflicts with his character I've come to known in the comics. When you're in the Apocalypse and there are no law and only survival is a priority. One should cut their losses immediately.

Losing a major character like Carl. Even though I did not care for him much, doesn't sit well with how you treat your viewers of the show. I think I'll pick up the comics again and just DVR the remainder of the TWD episodes this season to marathon later.

Regards,

TokenEntry

Anyone  still watching?  I thought last night's episode was pretty good.  Nice blend of fighting in the presence of walkers, and hope for a peaceful future (which, of course, would be the end of the show). 

Good to see Rick and Negan finally going at it.  Negan seemed to be handling the whole thing pretty well until Rick started messing with Lucille.  Is Negan going to end up being a good guy, like in the old days of wrestling, when bad guys would occasionally become good guys, and vice versa?

19 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Totally sucks

Seems Fear the Walking Dead and The Walking Dead are competing for who is worser.

I punched out of fear the walking dead already. TWD may be next. 

• Like 1

Keeping a rabid dog alive and in your house is not a good idea.

Was surprised that the crossover with Morgan is in current time.  I thought it would have been at the beginning of the series after Rick left Morgan and his son or after Rick left and after Morgan's son had died.

I wonder if Fear has jumped forward a few years since the damn blew up at the end if last season?

tbh i havent seen ftwd since the first season, and im all of this season behind in twd. last season didnt engage me enough, this whole season is on my dvr, but i havent had the desire to set aside the time for it anymore

I never got past the first half of Season-1 of Fear, but I thought the premise was that it was set in a time period prior to when Walking started.

If so, I don't understand how the crossover can happen.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

Call me sentimental, but I loved last night's season finale.  Some good action, but heartwarming conclusion.

Could someone please tell me if Eugene's ammo sabotage could really work?

I doubt it would to that extreme result. If they backed out those primers don’t you think at least some people would notice. I doubt he loaded every single mag himself. I think all in all this was the worst season ever, and absolutely the worst season finale. Ill give it one more shot next year. If the first episode is this bad..I’m out.

You just cant kill off every interesting character and expect that people will come back.

19 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

Anyone watching Fear the Walking Dead?  I might be a little retarded, but I'm really struggling with the timeline on that.  

Also, can't believe they killed off my favorite character!

FTWD jumped forward in time so right now, it's ahead of TWD.  It's rumored that TWD will make a similar jump so it'll once again be further in time than FTWD.

I kinda got bored of them. Was my favorite show following GOT, of course, but the fact that literally all but like 3 major characters died made it kinda boring for me. 

The timeline is also confusing. I agree with that...

Between TWD and FTWD, that is.

I have not seen one episode since the 1/2 season ending where Coral revealed his bite. Kinda lost interest but actually look forward to a binge watch to catch up someday. Havent seen any FTWD for even longer, am clueless, wouldnt know where to start catch up on that show.