fliks

The Walking Dead

Tonight (11/21) @ 9PM, AMC will show last week's episode if you missed it. Of course the new ep will be shown at the regularly scheduled 10PM slot.

I was gonna mention it, but thanks anyway Ben.

Plenty of story left for Glenn

When he and the hill billy were walking in the alley and he said he's pretty smart for a chinamen and Glenn said he was Korean, I thought of you and Nick. Why? I don't know.

I am REALLY liking this show. Started watching it about a week ago, caught up with On Demand. I couldnt help but reading the white spoilers, even though I have never read any of the comics. All I have to say is :icon_e_surprised:

All caught up on the show now. Am I that much of a gun nut that it bothered me when he called the magazine a clip when in the tank or that when they showed up locked and loaded to confront the gang then weren't actually locked and loaded? One less round in your gun to make a sound is a bad plan. ok ok I'll stop now.

I am digging this series so far, never read the graphic novel though. My girl had zombie dreams and told me she couldn't sleep all night. She said I seemed to be having pretty good dreams though. When she asked what they were about all I could say was "zombies." Yeah, she's already aware that I have a few screws loose. :icon_mrgreen:

I think a lot of people fail to realize that this isn't some 2000's-Romero garbage... it never was the point of the graphic novels... heck, even the name of the series goes beyond face value. Personally, with the exception of some character miscues, I'm pretty thrilled with how the source material has translated to Hollywood-- notably the emphasis put on the tribulations of the characters, and not necessarily mowing through zombies. If things progress as they should though, there will be plenty of action in the future.

• Like 1

All caught up on the show now. Am I that much of a gun nut that it bothered me when he called the magazine a clip when in the tank or that when they showed up locked and loaded to confront the gang then weren't actually locked and loaded? One less round in your gun to make a sound is a bad plan. ok ok I'll stop now.

I noticed that stuff too... especially the "clip" comment in the tank...

meh, it's been kind of a let down as it goes along. the Vatos that turn out to be really nice guys taking care of old people... wtf?

I'm haven't seen the fifth episode, but I definitely agree with you. I thought the first two were awesome, three was borderline OK and four was a campy POS. The opening dialogue when the sisters were fishing in the quarry was almost unbearable.

how about the one girl that was grieving over her sister, when she pulled the gun out it made the sound of it being racked; wish I could do that with one hand. ok ok I'll shut it now, not the point. This show still rocks. :icon_mrgreen:

I have not seen a movie yet that DOESNT play that sound when a character draws a gun. Its really not just that one time, look for it....movies, tv, its all over. I would have to imagine they do it for a reason though. The majority of people dont know that its inaccurate, but it gives the action much more of a meaning with the sound effect.

Tonight is the season finale @10PM. For those who have missed an episode or two, or just haven't had the opportunity to watch any yet-- AMC will be showing all five episodes prior to tonight's finale, starting at 5PM.

Yes I am aware that it is coming back. But I don't want to WAIT for it to come back.

For some reason, I was more impressed with the first couple episodes than the last couple. I can't place my finger on what it is.....may have to watch them over to see :icon_e_biggrin:

The whole writing staff for The Walking Dead was fired (kind of old news): http://warmingglow.uproxx.com/2010/12/the-entire-walking-dead-writing-staff-got-fired

I personally agree that this is a good move. I agree that the writing itself has been less then stellar, and most of the success the series has seen thus far is the rampant love affair the majority of the viewers have with the source material-- and not necessarily the show. So, for those who have been hoping for more continuity with the graphic novel, or just more zombie mayhem... hopefully this change will fix things.

Watched all 6 episodes in a row. Was pleasantly surprised. Few holes here and there but overall good show. Gonna def watch next season.

PS yes I also dont get it how walking through several hundred dead army personal you wouldnt wanna pick up any of their weapons or gear. I mean we saw 3 or 4 .50 hmg for God sakes!!!!

PS1 I think shotgun is a perfect weapon for a novice zombie hunter. Do you remember how much practice it took you to be comfortable with making head shots?

• Like 1

The Walking Dead writer/executive producer/director Frank Darabont has let go of the writers on the hot freshman AMC series, which has already renewed for a second season… Writer turnover on series between seasons is commonplace but wholesale overhauls are unusual. What’s more, I hear Darabont is looking to forgo having a writing staff for the second season of Walking Dead altogether and assign scripts to freelancers.

Darabont… ended up writing 2 of the first season’s 6 episodes of Walking Dead – the pilot and the second episode – and co-writing/rewriting the other 4. Two of those 4 were written by non-staff writers, one by executive producer Robert Kirkman, on whose comics the series is based, and one by Glen Mazzara.

Interesting..i thought the first two episodes were the best. Maybe he should stick to writing the scripts.

The Walking Dead writer/executive producer/director Frank Darabont has let go of the writers on the hot freshman AMC series, which has already renewed for a second season… Writer turnover on series between seasons is commonplace but wholesale overhauls are unusual. What’s more, I hear Darabont is looking to forgo having a writing staff for the second season of Walking Dead altogether and assign scripts to freelancers.

Darabont… ended up writing 2 of the first season’s 6 episodes of Walking Dead – the pilot and the second episode – and co-writing/rewriting the other 4. Two of those 4 were written by non-staff writers, one by executive producer Robert Kirkman, on whose comics the series is based, and one by Glen Mazzara.

Interesting..i thought the first two episodes were the best. Maybe he should stick to writing the scripts.

So the show could take some interesting and crazy turns. I like the idea, I'm in regardless though.

• Like 1

PS yes I also dont get it how walking through several hundred dead army personal you wouldnt wanna pick up any of their weapons or gear. I mean we saw 3 or 4 .50 hmg for God sakes!!!!

I was thinking the SAME exact thing. Even if you don't pick up the heavy machine guns, definitely should have picked up an M4 and sidearm for each person, and as much mags/ammo as they could carry.

I would have to imagine that there would be SOMEONE in the group, especially one of the two LEO's that would be familiar with the platform. It's not hard to familiarize yourself with it after being shown how to work it. Even if they aren't terribly efficient with it, having ~10 people all with M4's would at the very least give them an intimidation factor in a situation like episode 4 with the "Vatos". Would you be intimidated more by 4-5 people with shotguns and pistols, or 10 people with M4's, then shotguns and pistols as backups?