fliks

The Walking Dead

Anybody watching it? First five minutes and he Blasts some little girl in the head lol. Figured it would take like 30 minutes to see the first zombie.

I set it up to DVR the whole series

With the rest of the really great AMC Sunday night lineup between seasons, this one looks to be a bloody(fun) mess!

:icon_twisted:

That was good stuff. I was a bit surprised that the first ep ran 90 minutes, but it ended at a pretty good spot. I'm glad that Darabount is staying true with the whole point of the story (and the namesake of the show) with how the walking dead refers to both the zombies as well as the living. I'm really interested to see how the characters evolve over the span of the series.

Oh, and Lennie James was great, as expected! Should be good when, in like five seasons at this pace, James' character returns to the fold.

In the scene where the main character gets shot at the road block...and he tells the other cops to make sure their guns are loaded and the safeties off....what gun is the guy holding who flicks off his safety? For a sec it kinda looked like a Glock...which doesnt have an external safety. Maybe it was something else...the gun went by kinda fast.

How many episodes is the season?

I believe its six for this first "season" or volume or whatever they're going to consider it. However, "season 2" has already been green lit, and I don't see this train losing steam any time soon.

In the scene where the main character gets shot at the road block...and he tells the other cops to make sure their guns are loaded and the safeties off....what gun is the guy holding who flicks off his safety? For a sec it kinda looked like a Glock...which doesnt have an external safety. Maybe it was something else...the gun went by kinda fast.

It was quick, but I think it was a Glock and when he racked the slide he didn't chamber a round(yeah I know it's a TV show, but I guess no blanks).

It was indeed a Glock.

IMG_20101101_011501.jpg

:icon_razz:

I am really liking the show thus far, but the partner getting with his wife kinda angers me. It even gives me feeling like the main character might have even been left in the hospital on purpose by the partner at least. I am sure during a zombie apocalypse things are pretty hectic but you would think if they cared enough about him they might have barricaded themselves in the hospital to protect him or try to get him. The fact he wasn't eaten while in a coma is a testament to how pretty well locked up the hospital was,this is just my 2 cents so far.

It couldn't have started any better, right off the bat when he shoots the little girl zombie. It's kinda like letting you know this isn't a fake zombie flick.

I was definitely impressed as well. I thought they did a good job with the selection and portrayal of weapons (except during the car chase when the deputy was told to chamber a round in his Glock 17 and "take the safety off.")

Also, the tank scene was one of the few times I've ever seen disorientation/hearing loss from firing a pistol in an enclosed space accurately portrayed.

I'm with Dave on the whole wife and partner thing.

it's definitely not pleasant to watch, but it's an important part of the story line in the comic. for those that haven't read it, you'll see how it develops.

"Can the mods combine this in the ZED section please?"

+1 http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/18676-the-walking-dead

It couldn't have started any better, right off the bat when he shoots the little girl zombie. It's kinda like letting you know this isn't a fake zombie flick.

When the opening scene is a zombie kid being shot at close range it spoke alot about the tone of the show.

Exactly. I was a little unsure of how much they would try to do with the show in regards to some of the gruesome things that happen in the comic book, but the minute I saw that it gave me the feeling they weren't going to pull too many punches.

there was a helicopter later on - I don't want to spoil it for those that haven't read the comic, so I won't say when or where. I don't remember if there was one when he was in Atlanta. it's been a while since I read "Days gone Bye"

there was a helicopter later on - I don't want to spoil it for those that haven't read the comic, so I won't say when or where. I don't remember if there was one when he was in Atlanta. it's been a while since I read "Days gone Bye"

I'm gonna pull out the hardcovers tonight and give 'em a re-read. Will post afterward, but I don't believe there was a helicopter in Atlanta.

Hey Ray - I'm also glad they're using real zombies. I think if you win the contest you can also become one.

i like it, though theyve already broken some basic zombie outbreak commandments. scavenging for gas alone, without a weapon already drawn? a revolver as your primary? 6 rounds arent going to do much. walking through a park, alone, just to shoot one crawling torso, wasting ammo and alerting others with noise? playing sniper outside your safehouse, drawing in hordes with no extra protection then some boards nailed up?

it also seems the cop left his house with nothing but the clothes on his back. not even water, food, clothes?

ill still watch the season.....just hope they add some 'realism' to the thing.

• Like 1