fliks

The Walking Dead

WHAT!?!?!?!? how the hell am I gonna watch it?!?!? AAARGH! I'm NOT going over to Glenn's house every Sunday... :angry: (no offense Glenn)

anyone know any other place online I can watch? I haven't bothered to look in the Hulu site yet, I was gonna check it out like Tuesday or so, they usually put out new stuff 24 hours after it aired on TV.

bummer. usually I don't mind not having cable - no time to watch TV anyway and there's always NetFlix, but this time - it SUCKS! well...

hey Glenn - I guess I'll be gettin' some more brewskis and coming over to your place to watch...

Legal rights is the only reason I could imagine. I was actually really surprised when I heard that Hulu got the rights to air "The Walking Dead," though AMC did the same thing with the premiere episode for "Rubicon" a couple months back.

Giving the public a free opportunity to catch the first ep and get interested is pretty ingenious when you think about it though-- The Walking Dead had one of the largest premieres ever:

AMC's The Walking Dead premiere ratings are enormous: The 90-minute Halloween night debut delivered 5.3 million viewers and a 2.7 adults 18-49 rating.*

That's the largest demo audience for any series premiere on any cable network this year.

It's also the highest numbers for any series in AMC's history, and beat most non-sports programs on broadcast Sunday night.

(Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/live-feed/zombie-tastic-walking-dead-ratings-34098)

That's pretty impressive considering the World Series and Sunday Night Football were going on, and cable shows never get that many viewers. Its also impressive considering AMC is the home of pretty awesome shows.

So, if it takes going over to someone's place to catch it, at least bring a few brews and chips, and it should make for some interesting conversation :)

the premiere was fun to watch with beer and company. when I got home, my lovely wife was like "you're not gonna do that every Sunday, right?" :angry: I had assumed that hulu would have it so I said, "of course not, I don't like Glenn that much"

now... I dunno...

I just watched this on Hulu tonight.

Pretty interesting.

The Tank scene was filmed here: http://goo.gl/maps/yM5I I saw Marietta Street and Walton st...little google street view and there it is. They shot the horse walking up scene with a super long lens. That street doesn't really look like that so much with a normal camera.

One thing that bugs me...how come no one in Zombie movies acts like they've ever seen a zombie movie? I don't mean over the top "we know this works because we saw it in Night of the living dead". More along the lines of acceptance of the situation and not doing anything stupid.

One thing that bugs me...how come no one in Zombie movies acts like they've ever seen a zombie movie? I don't mean over the top "we know this works because we saw it in Night of the living dead". More along the lines of acceptance of the situation and not doing anything stupid.

Haha, wow, I think the same thing every time too. Maybe in the respective universes they don't have a "Romero" that helped fan the flame? :icon_lol:

Or maybe its because if it did actually happen, everyone would probably be in such shock? I've seen people react quite strongly to what I would consider smaller things.

And how come noone has AR's? The Sherrif should've grabbed a few in police locker when he was there. Is the evil black rifle that bad? Or is it that they are affraid of people actually wanting to buy one after they see it on TV?

i did mention the obvious zombie breakout commandments that were broken in the first episode, several posts back

And how come no one has AR's? The Sherrif should've grabbed a few in police locker when he was there. Is the evil black rifle that bad? Or is it that they are affraid of people actually wanting to buy one after they see it on TV?

he mentioned 'most of the stuff is gone already', so i assume if there were ARs stored, they would have been the first guns taken. despite what movies show, a shotgun isnt the best zombie gun. big, heavy, heavy recoil, limited ammo capacity. might be the reason there were only shotguns left in the storage locker.

this isn't much of a spoiler, so I'll mention it: if things go according to the comic (and so far they more or less have) there will be more ARs and AKs to come.

and what Echo said. while a shotgun with 00 buck would do a number on a living human, it would barely "pause" a zombie... unless you're managing nothing but head shots with slugs.

• Like 1

Did Rick and Glenn escape with a group in the comics? I thought it was just Glenn. Plus, didn't they hit up a gun store on the way out of Atlanta? I guess they would add more characters to add a bit more depth and flavor to the story.

***SPOILER ALERT*** Text is in white below, highlight it if you want to read it.

What was with the car/car alarm? I thought it was them doing target practice with the commandeered guns that attracts the zombies to the camp site where everyone else is. Or maybe if/when they go back for the dude's brother all of this happens? I can't say I'm too thrilled with the random characters being added to the mix... I was kind of invested with the characters that were in the comics.

Did Rick and Glenn escape with a group in the comics? I thought it was just Glenn. Plus, didn't they hit up a gun store on the way out of Atlanta? I guess they would add more characters to add a bit more depth and flavor to the story.

If memory serves, it was just Rick and Glenn. Some of the characters that were introduced in the second episode don't show up till later in the comic.

Guns:

The Sherriff has a Colt Python 357 and a M9 Beretta

The lady that stole the mermaid necklace has a Smith&Wesson 5907

The man in handcuffs had a 1911 with adjustable sights

I miss anything?

That's from me Feelicks.

really Ray? I mean, cool of you to fess up and stuff. but seriously, how is mentioning that there will be ARs & Aks featured later a spoiler? I didn't reveal any of the story line or possible plot twists. whatever, man. :icon_rolleyes:

oh, and Rick is a Deputy, not a Sheriff.

• Like 1

I'm not. I didn't even watch it last night, but I came on to see what people had to say. I've read most of the comic, so I know the basic plot line anyway. This thread was started to discuss the comic and the show.

I'm assuming everyone on NJGF knows about the IMFDB (Internet Movie Firearms Database), a wiki where you can check out the guns featured in most movies and TV shows...if not, check it out!!!

Here's the IMFDB page for TWD: http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Walking_Dead_%28TV_Series%29%2C_The

Guns:

The Sherriff has a Colt Python 357 and a M9 Beretta

The lady that stole the mermaid necklace has a Smith&Wesson 5907

The man in handcuffs had a 1911 with adjustable sights

I miss anything?

I thought handcuff guy's gun was a High Power...

For those who haven't had a chance to catch any of the episodes, AMC is showing the first two episodes starting at 8PM tonight (about ten minutes from now)-- with, of course, the new episode at the regularly scheduled 10PM time slot.

I'm enjoying it so far, lets hope they keep up the same standard of quality.

I've also developed a zombie weapon that you can carry on your person, legally, in NJ, right now. On your person, in your car, at work, in front of cops, wherever 100% legal.

It is only effective on zombies however and not necessarily a kill, but it will certainly disable zombies at least temporarily.

It'll be nice to see if the show comes up with it because it will work.