fliks

The Walking Dead

I think the fact of not knowing that everyone was infected might be a coverup kinda thing who knows.

Don't forget, according to Kirkman, the "Walking Dead" series takes place in a universe that has no Zombie myth. It is a completely foreign concept to them - no zombie movies, no zombie stories, etc... If that's the case, it would change everything about the way the people in that universe interpret what is happening around them.

I was hoping to see more focus on how the the government was dealing with the early outbreak of the virus. Would have been nice to have two groups in the show. The civilian group being this dysfunctional family and a government group like the military or CDC. It's leaning towards a cover up by the government from what was shown in this episode. Still too early to pass judgement.

Don't forget, according to Kirkman, the "Walking Dead" series takes place in a universe that has no Zombie myth. It is a completely foreign concept to them - no zombie movies, no zombie stories, etc... If that's the case, it would change everything about the way the people in that universe interpret what is happening around them.

I can see that from WTD....I wonder how things would change if they did not set it up that way.

I was hoping to see more focus on how the the government was dealing with the early outbreak of the virus. Would have been nice to have two groups in the show. The civilian group being this dysfunctional family and a government group like the military or CDC. It's leaning towards a cover up by the government from what was shown in this episode. Still too early to pass judgement.

I have my suspicions that this is not supposed to be an open ended series that can go on forever. So maybe that will be companion show number 2.

Just watched it last night. (funny, he does look like Depp).... So far, it's ok. BUT, I cannot stand the mother... She's a fooking cyborg, clueless wack job.

Just finished up..... The mom looks she will be a survivor, step dad maybe the same....... As for Johnny Depp though...... Nobody needs that kind of baggage on a zombie killin team.

spoiler alerts for those that didnt watch it (though, why are you in here if you didnt watch it)

Its less the subject matter that was the issue with the pilot ep of FTWD.  it was the actual characters that were the problems.  Picked up a bit in the last 10-15 mins, but the first hour+ was slow and boring and really didnt make you give 2 sh*ts about the characters (at least the majority of them).  The wife?   wow, dont care about her right now..   Daughter?   uh, no, not even close..   Tom Riddle?   He's the first one I want gone.  I like Cliff Curtis' character so far..  Hope to see more of the chubby hispanic kid, as he was the only one with a f*ckin clue

We shall see.. 

OH - and the little 120 lb druggie son overpowering that big black dude with a gun?   really?  

I like how it took a lot to cave in the superintendents head with the fire extinguisher. It wasn't easy like in TWD where the zombies have decayed for a few years or so and you can practically push a finger through their skulls. It shows the progression of the disease and how a fresh zombie is harder to kill.

Just watched it. Not loving the characters. Didnt think it was bad though. It actually started with more zombies then I expected.

Yeah, the characters are pretty meh, but it's only two episodes, and when I think about that, I remember where Carol started her story arc. It's way too early to call it, and there should be sufficient entertainment in watching the world burn. 

So far, I just can't stand the mother and hope she gets bit. She walks around like she has all the answers. Thinks shes a shrink. She really needs to take that vibrator out instead of looking like it doesn't work. Piss poor actor.

And enough of the heels. Get some hiking boots on or something there sweetheart. And really? Worrying out the blood of her fav velvet jacket? Lol. Ugh. :(

Ok, I'm calm now. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched it last night. (funny, he does look like Depp).... So far, it's ok. BUT, I cannot stand the mother... She's a fooking cyborg, clueless wack job.

Not bad on the eyes though...;)

I didn't know you had to pump a SxS shotgun and that it actually it actually made the "chh-chh" sound in between shots...

Ahhhh....... Now I have to watch again! LOL I didn't catch that.

I'm not understanding the progression here. It's not even a week later and the power is just going out all over? It seems like they are progressing really quickly into the aftermath and not going into the details of how things went south. I did, however, enjoy last night's episode more than the previous two though.

Ahhhh....... Now I have to watch again! LOL I didn't catch that.

I'm not understanding the progression here. It's not even a week later and the power is just going out all over? It seems like they are progressing really quickly into the aftermath and not going into the details of how things went south. I did, however, enjoy last night's episode more than the previous two though.

Figure how many people die in a average day. Then throw in riots and those who died killing more. It'll happen quickly