Sign in to follow this  
tony357

10 rnd 45 acp 1911 mags..

If you don't mind... Where did you buy them and how much did they cost?

I was planning on buying some Chip McCormicks. I currently have several 8rd ACT's that have worked well since I bought them.

Would appreciate a review of the Promags when you get the chance :)

Thanks!

Guest megaman

If you don't mind... Where did you buy them and how much did they cost?

I was planning on buying some Chip McCormicks. I currently have several 8rd ACT's that have worked well since I bought them.

Would appreciate a review of the Promags when you get the chance :)

Thanks!

ACT works way better than chip mcormick.

If you are going to buy 10 round single stack mags, I HIGHLY suggest you try the Wilson Combat #47T http://shopwilsoncombat.com/1911-Magazine-45-ACP-Full-Size-10-Round-Ultra-Thin-Base-Pad/productinfo/47T/

IMHO there is not a single better magazine in the market. The tab on the mag body will prevent you from over inserting the mag and causing you to have a slide lock. The design also works with any magwell you might have that might not work well with other mags. They also have a lifetime guarantee, so if you manage to break it, they'll replace it. Yes they are a bit pricey, but they are @$26 if you have a Brownells jobber account. I have tried many different mags and these (IMO) are the best.

purchased 6 10 rnd pro mags with stop, the stops had to be cut down to work with aftermarket magwell, and next time i will be better prepared for single stack shoot!!!

cutdown stop..

mags002.jpg

six amigo's...

mags003.jpg

I also had the same issue with a S&A magwell I had. needed to trim the plastic as well.