NJdiverTony

New from Hunterdon Cty

Hi and Welcome from Readington Township ,

Just put in for a few pistol permits and hope they`ll do em in under a month.

NJSP Peryville turnaround time that i know from other forums ranges from 30days to 4 months , lets hope it`ll be 30days for you.

Hi and Welcome from Readington Township ,

Just put in for a few pistol permits and hope they`ll do em in under a month.

NJSP Peryville turnaround time that i know from other forums ranges from 30days to 4 months , lets hope it`ll be 30days for you.

Hey there! I'm over in Lebanon Borough, so we're practically neighbors.

Yeah, I'm hoping for 30 days too... but not holding my breath on it.

One of the other guns I like is the Sig P226 9mm. I would like to try out the full sized Glocks at a range some day, like a G17 and see how I like that. I've shot the G19 before and it was OK, ............I want to start out with a good pistol that won't break the bank, and then we'll see what's next.

I love the P226. I believe Sig still has a deal going where you can buy the P226 .22LR and add on a 9mm or 40 slide for an additional $300 roughly. Turns out to be about the same price as just getting the 226 in 9mm. I would go with the SRT too, but that's just me. It wasn't in the cards money wise right now so I went with the G17. I like it a ton more than the G19 simply because the 19 just felt too small for my hands. The 19 is better as a CCW in my opinion. Not something I would bring the to range every week or compete with. Glock is a good weapon to start with. Yeah yeah yeah "Don't drink the Kool-Aid" but it is an inexpensive weapon that you can do anything to and not have to worry about it functioning or not. And if you hate to clean your weapons like me, Glock is the way to go. Only thing I would recommend is to replace the sights or at least black out the rears and to have the trigger lighted.

I love my Beretta but honestly, probably wouldn't get another. Namely, I have the 96 which is a .40 on a 9mm frame. It just isn't designed to handle the .40 and I've known of others who have had the frame crack on them (the 96 models) around the 13,000 round mark. Also, in my experience, they are fincky on the ammo they fire. If I shoot anything over a 155 or 165 grains I am assured numerous misfeeds. My friend is an armorer for a local PD, he said the Beretta carbines are the same way with the 180 grain.

When I lived in Monmouth County (Middletown) a few years ago I was able to get my FPID updated with a change of address and a pistol permit within 3 weeks!

My neck of the woods! Hi from Holmdel...I am proof poor people live in Holmdel too!

I love the P226. I believe Sig still has a deal going where you can buy the P226 .22LR and add on a 9mm or 40 slide for an additional $300 roughly. Turns out to be about the same price as just getting the 226 in 9mm. I would go with the SRT too, but that's just me. It wasn't in the cards money wise right now so I went with the G17. I like it a ton more than the G19 simply because the 19 just felt too small for my hands. The 19 is better as a CCW in my opinion. Not something I would bring the to range every week or compete with. Glock is a good weapon to start with. Yeah yeah yeah "Don't drink the Kool-Aid" but it is an inexpensive weapon that you can do anything to and not have to worry about it functioning or not. And if you hate to clean your weapons like me, Glock is the way to go. Only thing I would recommend is to replace the sights or at least black out the rears and to have the trigger lighted.

I love my Beretta but honestly, probably wouldn't get another. Namely, I have the 96 which is a .40 on a 9mm frame. It just isn't designed to handle the .40 and I've known of others who have had the frame crack on them (the 96 models) around the 13,000 round mark. Also, in my experience, they are fincky on the ammo they fire. If I shoot anything over a 155 or 165 grains I am assured numerous misfeeds. My friend is an armorer for a local PD, he said the Beretta carbines are the same way with the 180 grain.

My neck of the woods! Hi from Holmdel...I am proof poor people live in Holmdel too!

Thanks for the info Stephanie! Much appreciated. I definitely want to give the G17 a spin and see how I like it, and yes I agree that the G19 is too small. The G19 that I had shot a few times was my friends, and he had it for CCW.

The Beretta's look really purdy <g>, especially the 90-two and the 92fs Inox.

I used to work in Holmdel and Colts Neck, so I know the area quite well. I lived in Middletown for about 5 years and loved the area.