Sign in to follow this  
Blcklightning

Wicen's Shooting Range (PA)

I was wondering if anyone has ever been to Wicen's Shooting Range and Learning Center. If you have gone, what do you think about the place? It looks like you pay a daily range fee. Can you stay as long as you want?

It looks to be probably less than 30 minutes from my house. I think I will have to check it out one of these days.

Going there tomorrow, I shoot there all the time.

You pay a first time fee of 7$ and you get a signed off badge after they see you shoot...........and then it`s 15$ for a day.......you can shoot for a few hours and come back in the afternoon............as long as you want all day long.

Nice people , very friendly , and very safety oriented.

Saturdays not so busy . Sundays a little crowded , max 30min wait to get a lane but this is rare.

There`s about 14 lanes for rifle and i think about 6 for pistol. Shotgun range is never crowded. They provide the target stands and sell targets as well. Also you can shoot clays on the rifle range by putting them on to the berm.

Rest of the week it`s empty (they are closed monday`s and tuesday`s)

Yeah, I go there whenever I'm home from school. Very friendly and I have never had to wait for a lane. They probably have about 8 pistol lanes and maybe 15 rifle (just my guesstimate). The range safety officers are knowledgeable and are always pleasant to talk to. Its really close to Tanners Sport Center so if you need more ammo its only like a 5 min drive.

They had an issue a while back where someone at their range sent a bullet out of the range and into a nearyby housing complex.

As a result, they have a gone a little bit overboard on safety due to fear of lawsuits or having to shut down. You can shoot only from the bench, inside a concrete booth angled slightly downwards. They also enforce a no "rapid fire" which is anything more than a shot every five seconds or so.

Otherwise, it's a nice place, if you're just looking to sight in a rifle, or do some casual shooting, it's nice and the people are friendly and prices are low.