Wojo

Holy Grail Sought - Carbine and Handgun that uses same mags

Can't believe it hasn't been said yet...

High Point.

The OP said "BTW, it has to be from a serious MilSpec company, not some Taurus or other lesser quality crap." so I think everyone just decided to not mention the HPs based on that ;)

Shane already pointed out the one I would consider, the PS90/five-seven combo. I would also say consider contacting KAC about their PDW, though that is not interchangeable with any type of pistol.

The only other thing I can think of are pistol carbine kits... but most of these are catered towards 9MM-type pistols (mostly Glocks), like the CAA Roni, Hera Arms, and Magpul's FM9; but since 9MM doesn't do it for you, I'm not sure where else to look.

Ray Ray, its because of a stipulation for FMJ ammo. When your stuck in FMJ land, a bigger hole makes a bigger difference.

Never thought of that. In that case, 45acp all the way.

How about masterpiece arms? https://www.masterpiecearms.com/proddetail.php?prod=MPA10T&cat=27 and https://www.masterpiecearms.com/proddetail.php?prod=MPA1SST

They have a .45 pistol and rifle that uses the same magazine.

it is my understanding that the weapon is grossly inaccurate past 20 feet..

Harry, this is not a Blackwater or Triple Canopy gig, It is me, opening offices up in India and with other businesses. We will be working with various agencies within India, private companies and elements of the infra-structure (power, rail, water). This is personal security at the core. I mean me and my partner who spent 8 yrs with the Marines and 12 with the State Dept doing embassy work covering each other at all times.

Some of the elements we are in discussions with, will help assure we are allowed firearms for personal protection. As much as I would like to think everyone is friendly, I ain't stupid, I'm from NJ. There is a risk being a pale face in India. The biggest concern is having some Mao-ist / LeT groups finding out that we are consulting and helping to harden potential targets. These business ventures could put us on the X. We have a verbal understanding about having sidearms and long guns. Our first and main office is going to be within a few miles of the Embassy for many reasons. Contacts and relationships are being made with your band of brothers in country. It is all about relationships (greasing the wheel) and having them in the right places.

It looks like I am going to fall back on my two most trusted weapons that I started serving my country with, my 1911 and an AR. Between the two, many a BG has met his maker. I just wish I could simply.

Hey Brother,

That makes perfect sense and sorry for prying. I was just hoping to save you a little heartache, on the off chance you hadn't gotten all the facts yet. If you partner was in DSS for twelve years, I'm sure he should have plenty of contacts to get you all set up and pointed in the right direction. I'm tracking on the personal security issue, as well. I'm a big fan of trusting myself to keep me safe before any other. As to your grail issues, my advice is simple. Screw the pistol caliber carbine unless you are absolutely limited to one by some local ordnance. I have no idea what India's laws are like regarding firearms, but if you are going to carry a longarm, get one in a rifle caliber. In nearly any real scenario where you are being targeted, you'll in all likelihood be the target of a planned grab, severely outnumbered and far up the proverbial creek. Better to bring the biggest paddle you can muster to stack the deck in your favor. Since nearly all of your effort is going to go toward breaking contact and RLH(run like hell), something that makes pursing vehicles stop pursuing is always a big plus. Pistol caliber carbines are not known for their effectiveness against vehicles, engine blocks, or rotating tires for that matter...

Just some food for thought...I hope it helps...

Respectfully,

Harry

• Like 1

I just discovered / was informed of a twist to my plans. The city of Mumbai (formerly Bombay) and that state allow 45 acp. In all the other states, 45acp, 9mm, 38spl are banned. 357 is okay as is 40cal in all states. I knew 9mm's were banned in some locations, but I didn't realize 45acp had limitations as well. I wonder if I can FedEx a few bricks of ammo. Oh, and no 7.62x51mm...but .308 is okay! :icon_evil: I wonder if they have NJ politicians over there making this schit up.

The more I am learning about their firearms laws, it makes NJ and Kali's laws seem simple. Our contacts over there are going have to hold our hands on this for sure. Until I get people on the phone and have letters in hand, it is going have to be a 40. But 40 S&W is a very uncommon round over there. I knew this was going to be complicated for sure. The security angle has a lot of loop holes that need to be explored. On the first visit, it looks likes I'll be bringing a 40. Somehow packing a 40, I feel the need to put it in a brown bag with a straw and take public transportation. :facepalm:

PS90 & Five.Seven for the win.

I kind of have to agree with this. If you are talking about effectiveness, and want something compact, these two seem to fit the bill. Although, if you are really comfortable with the AR15 and 1911, then THAT will be the one to go with.