The_Matrix

Pictures of AK's

ie triangle metal stock

Unless it folds (which it won't) it's a total waste in NJ. The aftermarket open-only ones are total crapola abortions with an obnoxious "adapter" block and then now you have all the drawbacks of a triangle like worse cheek weld, different angle, and none of the benefits like folding. Not to mention that the stock is about $200-250 for a purely cosmetic upgrade.....

Really, just keep your standard wood or fixed polymer K-var stock. There's really no need to fix what isn't broken as you gain nothing by changing since you can't have anything that folds or collapses.

In the words of Ivan "RIFLE IS FINE"

Note the horizontal trunion assembly on the mil-spec versus the obnoxious block and vertical trunion tang on the one made to fit a standard rear trunion on the aftermarket one.

Standard mil-spec:

post-2181-038664300 1289615916_thumb.jpeg

Aftermarket abortion:

post-2181-082284100 1289615928_thumb.jpeg

Is there a AK photo thread? I never like AK style rifles, but all of the sudden, I LOVE THEM. I just lost all interest in the AR style rifles. Just want to see what you guys have and maybe get ideas for accessories. ie triangle metal stock

You`ve crossed over to the Dark Side Comrade , You`ve been sucked into The Matrix

Plenty of Pics Here on various websites :

http://ak47websites.com/

Interesting Models and pics here : http://www.centerfiresystems.com/ and http://classicarms.us/

Heres a few of my SAR-2 in 5.45x39 (blocked mags, 15rnds). Welcome to the dark side... the beauty of the AK is you dont need to pimp it out to make it feel decent!

DSC00765.jpg

Guns014-2.jpg

And heres a fun little 7.62x54r krink I made up lol. I love the triangle folders. The correct ones, not the abortions previously mentioned haha.

myweapon.jpg

OK, we gotta make this like the AR thread with a photo and a 30 item list of tacti-useless items.

I'll start :D

DSC00799.jpg

DSC00798.jpg

Century arms PSL with 8x POSP TACTICAL ILLUMANTED RED RETICLE for when you need to clear houses at 3am, TACTICALLY

Cheek pad for more TACTICAL HEAD ALIGNMENT

Butt pad for longer LOP because I'm larger than the typical commie, so I can have a more TACTICAL STANCE

Also has a TACTICAL (insert fancy brand name here) MUZZLE BRAKE FOR RAPID TACTICAL FIRING

DSC00793.jpg

On top is my MILLED RECIEVER WITH AK STYLE FEEDRAMPS rifle with:

Tactical stamped upper dust cover!

A barrel with a twist rate of WGAF (who gives a f*#k) for ULTIMATE TACTICAL ACCURACY

It even has a TACTICAL SLANT BREAK for FULL AUTO SUSTAINED FIRE (wait a minute, our guns are semi auto, this is useless!)

It also has TACTICAL SHINEY INTERNALS! that I lubed up with high tech TACTICAL GREASE even though it doesnt need it because its not as cool as an AR!

DSC00789.jpg

bottom photo is my SAR-2 which shoots TACTICAL HYPER VELOCITY 5.45mm FRAGMENTING BOOLITS

Also has:

TACTICAL PLYWOOD STOCK, pinned in place so its legal and LOOKS SO TACTICAL

And last but not least:

ONE POINT TACTICAL SLING!

• Like 2

DSC00793.jpg

A barrel with a twist rate of WGAF (who gives a f*#k) for ULTIMATE TACTICAL ACCURACY

You forgot the TACTICAL muzzle brake for quick TACTICAL follow-up shots :newrussian:

milled AK :)

+1 for having a gun that is heavier than mine WITH accessories.. :icon_e_biggrin:

most of the time I use that forward grip.. but I was tight up against that wall and was shooting at a slight angle.. it was just far more comfortable while being in that position.. was trying to just keep the gun stable... but I am sure you realize that and are just breaking my balls.. lol

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OK, we gotta make this like the AR thread with a photo and a 30 item list of tacti-useless items.

I'll start :D

DSC00799.jpg

DSC00798.jpg

Century arms PSL with 8x POSP TACTICAL ILLUMANTED RED RETICLE for when you need to clear houses at 3am, TACTICALLY

Cheek pad for more TACTICAL HEAD ALIGNMENT

Butt pad for longer LOP because I'm larger than the typical commie, so I can have a more TACTICAL STANCE

Also has a TACTICAL (insert fancy brand name here) MUZZLE BRAKE FOR RAPID TACTICAL FIRING

DSC00793.jpg

It even has a TACTICAL SLANT BREAK for FULL AUTO SUSTAINED FIRE (wait a minute, our guns are semi auto, this is useless!)

It also has TACTICAL SHINEY INTERNALS! that I lubed up with high tech TACTICAL GREASE even though it doesnt need it because its not as cool as an AR!

DSC00789.jpg

bottom photo is my SAR-2 which shoots TACTICAL HYPER VELOCITY 5.45mm FRAGMENTING BOOLITS

Also has:

TACTICAL PLYWOOD STOCK, pinned in place so its legal and LOOKS SO TACTICAL

And last but not least:

ONE POINT TACTICAL SLING!

They look great... but.... This is a perfect place to use...

4695583925_bda6df5a7b_m.jpg

Love that picture. That's what I have my PAP for, completely stock and will stay that way. I know it's not a "true" AK with the thumbhole stock and single stack mags.....but the finish on it is just beautiful, don't think I can let her go.

Back in October I picked up a MAK 90. I meant to post pics, but I never got along to it. It may be a little overdue, but here you go. I replaced the furniture with a walnut stock, grip, and handguards from Ironwood. The small mags are from Tapco, the 15/30's are from Glenn's group buy.

P1050049.jpg

P1050052.jpg

P1050051.jpg

nice guns, and I like how you poke fun at what I was joking at

as far as tacticool AKs, to each his own

I don't understand how if someone doesn't like something, they completely bash it because it's not what they like. If you like lights, lasers and rails or whatever then put them on the gun. If you don't, then don't complain about those that do.

kinda like how you didnt like the FFPD dude saying happy birthday to kalashnikov and bashed everybody?

:facepalm:

apples and oranges

How many posts do you say that you like so and so's AR. None. How many posts do you say you like so and so's ruger or XD or anything else not on your status. NONE.

Your thinking is if it's not in my safe then it's inferior. If you opened your mind (and wallet) you might actually like a Ruger or a Taurus or an AR.

• Like 2

Just because he doesn't say he likes it.....doesn't exactly mean he thinks it's inferior. I'm not trying to get in the middle of a war, hopefully prevent one. Let's try to keep the discussion about AK's and pictures of our AK's. I agree with Ray Ray about "to each his own". Glen likes traditional, unaltered Commie guns, that's his taste and I think that some of them are beautiful guns. Ray Ray likes mall ninja guns, and I think he has some real nice guns too....crap I even BOUGHT one of his guns. I think we should try to keep the mindset of "to each his own". Don't have to like it or buy it yourself, but let's not criticize each other for it. Let's remember that we all have the same hobby. You don't see car enthusiasts hating on each other just because one drives a Mustake and the other drives an AWESOME Camaro.....oh wait.... :thsmiley_deadhorse:

apples and oranges

How many posts do you say that you like so and so's AR. None. How many posts do you say you like so and so's ruger or XD or anything else not on your status. NONE.

Your thinking is if it's not in my safe then it's inferior. If you opened your mind (and wallet) you might actually like a Ruger or a Taurus or an AR.

Ray, that just wouldn't be Glenn. He's an arrogant douche (he's my pal, but hey.....) if it's not what he likes, it's crap. He's entitled to his own (wrong) opinion and when I get my future AK tacticool black, he's gonna groan. He's even planning to turn his tacticool 10/22 into a Garand look-alike. But that's Glenn... we still love him...

Well, at least we can all agree on one thing - GLOCK :icon_mrgreen:

• Like 1

You don't see car enthusiasts hating on each other just because one drives a Mustake and the other drives an AWESOME Camaro.....oh wait.... :thsmiley_deadhorse:

Hey hey hey, I drive a mustang, well actually I got one for the wife when she saw the 2011 convertable, but I drive it.

Just like my other forum about Harleys, not like there is any of that stuff going on in the motorcycle world.:icon_lol:

Harry

Ray, that just wouldn't be Glenn. He's an arrogant douche (he's my pal, but hey.....) if it's not what he likes, it's crap. He's entitled to his own (wrong) opinion and when I get my future AK tacticool black, he's gonna groan. He's even planning to turn his tacticool 10/22 into a Garand look-alike. But that's Glenn... we still love him...

You know the old saying, My Sh*t is Stuff, Your Stuff is Sh*t ...

Myself I don't dislike any type of firearm, I may not want to own a particular one but I don't discredit it. Oh, correction, I do dislike a few, broke, or rusty.:yes:

Harry

Contrary to popular belief , i'm not anti-AK...

Arsenal SLR-101S, milled Bulgarian receiver, apparently altered to accept normal doublestack mags, some type of barrel maybe chromed or not, some pinned brake, some plastic green furniture, some brand-less magazines, and it shoots really well.

P1000074.jpg

apples and oranges

I own a ruger!

I've shot ARs, and they are fun. I just wouldnt want to have one. I dont want to open my wallet to something I dont enjoy.

Taurus, eh, yeah well...

:D

Contrary to popular belief , i'm not anti-AK...

Arsenal SLR-101S, milled Bulgarian receiver, apparently altered to accept normal doublestack mags, some type of barrel maybe chromed or not, some pinned brake, some plastic green furniture, some brand-less magazines, and it shoots really well.

P1000074.jpg

I considered doing OD green furniture on my Saiga, but decided against it. Yours looks great though.