The_Matrix

Pictures of AK's

I considered doing OD green furniture on my Saiga, but decided against it. Yours looks great though.

Thanks. It wasn't a conscious choice, as that's what it came with. At first I was going to replace it, but the color combo grew on me.

OD green and black, in my opinion, is a nice combination. I may actually do it someday, OD grip, OD stock, and OD rail covers (I have a quad rail up front).....but I think I will take care of a couple other things first.

picture29g.png

picture26rq.png

picture25l.png

Arsenal/Saiga SGL24-61 7.62x39 ( NJ COMPLIANT :facepalm: )

Krylon OD rattle can job- works great on polymer furniture

Hogue overmold grip OD

Home brew bolt carrier polishing

Home brew safety lever mod

Arsenal 5 rounder

Tapco 10 rounder's

Bulgarian 15/30 pinned mags from MTM Armory

Ultimak M1-B rail on the way :dancing:

i like what is done with the safety there... does it make it work any better? I have never been a huge fan of the AK safety..

If it works for you then it works. I personally am going to use my finger, and that mush between my ears as a safety.

the only time i use the safety is transitioning to sidearm.. if rifle empty is no problem to just switch.. but if rifle still loaded its better to be on safety when hanging on sling..

Somebody wanted pics. Here is my Saiga in black. Pretty exciting, eh? Actually I like it a lot.

When you be really really old like me you gotta scope it or you might even miss the sand pile at 200+ at Dix 14.

BTW I liked that green one posted above. Nice!

You ever shoot that from a bench?

Not tried yet. Just received the 15/30 mags. Don't think they will work out from the bench, too tall. Been using Shurefire 15 and Kvar 10 with a rest.

Anyway, anybody shoot resting on any mag size? Any negatory effects?

Thx.

Not tried yet. Just received the 15/30 mags. Don't think they will work out from the bench, too tall. Been using Shurefire 15 and Kvar 10 with a rest.

Anyway, anybody shoot resting on any mag size? Any negatory effects?

Thx.

I shot my Saiga from a bench a handful of times when I sighted in in.. used the 10 round mags so it was low and steady on the bench..

IMO

AK is run and gun rifle.. I really never found much satisfaction in trying to shoot precision groups with that kind of weapon... more just center mass shoot and hit..

A restoration I just helped a friend with..

njsaiga.jpg

Its in good hands!

I cant believe the difference in size btwn the 7.62x39 & the 308 rounds. can you say BIG?

BIG THANKS to Anthony & Paul (PK90) for making this come together!

(ps: there is one or two more Saigas @ PKs if interested)

at first I was like YAY..

and then I was like.. bookmarked till after I move..

New Jersey: We do not ship, sell, or offer for sale any magazines over 15 rounds to anyone in New Jersey or anyone using a billing address in the state of New Jersey.