The_Matrix

Pictures of AK's

I actually prefer the polymer SGM 15-round magazines in the Saiga. The 20->15 AK magazines are alright, no complaints. The 30->15 round AK magazines are a waste of space and make it diffiicult to shoot the rifle from the ground without a bipod

I think a lot of us have the bullet guide and a slightly shaved catch so we can use both AK and Saiga magazines

Yeah that definitely makes it a little less of a problem in good old PR of NJ. Wasn't sure if people were nervous about using a drill press or what.

I know for a fact Dinzag arms is REALLY slow on shipping even before the panic. Probably wait at least a month and a half for a bullet guide now.

AMD-65 on Nodak Spud receiver

2de41193.jpg

770e802d.jpg

Arsenal USA/Global Trades SSR-56-2

SSR-56-2a.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondxxxxx viewpost.gif
I bought a SSR-56-2 from Arsenal USA in April 2004. It has the 1.6mm receiver and a low serial number EP02xx. It has been very reliable and accurate, and I consider it to be a well crafted US made AK-47.
I am confused about the history of Arsenal USA/Global Trades, and what has become of them, and I have read about problems with their products or their predecessor's. As far as I know when my rifle was built, the Arsenal USA shop was run by a Bulgarian who was a foreman from a factory in his country, and that his products were top notch.
Can anyone fill me in with the details of the history of A USA/GT, and tell me how my rifle ranks quality wise?
The shop "foreman" was actually the head of Arsenal 10 plant in Bulgaria. Global Trades/AUSA imported him to head up their fabrication efforts.
GT/AUSA was the only company I know of to import brand new AK parts directly from the factory for assembly here. They were the first to build AKs from "parts kits" (brand new parts right off the production line - not cut up rifles). GT/AUSA rifles are some of the highest quality AKs out there.
Do not be fooled by currently imported SSR-85 rifles.

(These nice AK-47s do not reside in NJ)

My Egyptian Maadi - 7.62x39 (right) & Wasr-2 - 5.45x39 (left).

The Wasr-2 is getting new wood furniture from Combloc customs.. Chicom Blonde. I'll probably keep the

Maadi pretty much stock but I will put the Wasr-2 grip on the Maadi.

Everything NJ modified of course...

post-6415-0-33766000-1371915442.jpg

post-6415-0-33766000-1371915442_thumb.jpg

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:30 PM

Is there a AK photo thread? I never like AK style rifles, but all of the sudden, I LOVE THEM. I just lost all interest in the AR style rifles. Just want to see what you guys have and maybe get ideas for accessories. ie triangle metal stock

How about that original post? It just proves that loving AKs is a fad. Loving ARs is a fad. But all those fads are good. Enjoy whatever you have. Wanna debate  - join your high school debate team. Maybe join Toastmasters Intl. LOL.

Love your AK (or AR or ..........) whether the gas block is 27, 45, 68 or 90 degrees.....................

Never too late to bump an AK thread.

Here's my Saiga IZ-240 that I converted in December 2012.  I sort of went for the 1980s look.  Getting 15 round 5.45x39 mags is pretty much like finding the Fountain of Youth.  Last pic is a shot of the reticle of the POSP I bought for it recently.  

post-6522-0-50787500-1389595925_thumb.jpg

post-6522-0-35674900-1389595926_thumb.jpg

post-6522-0-88733400-1389595927_thumb.jpg

Send a PM to PK90, he has 15rnds mags

Here's my Saiga IZ-240 that I converted in December 2012.  I sort of went for the 1980s look.  Getting 15 round 5.45x39 mags is pretty much like finding the Fountain of Youth.  Last pic is a shot of the reticle of the POSP I bought for it recently.  

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gif2.jpg

attachicon.gif3.jpg

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gif2.jpg

attachicon.gif3.jpg

If you want 15 rounds of 5.45 buy a Tapco 10 round mag and shorten the follower a little at a time until you can get 15 in. Works great.

If you want 15 rounds of 5.45 buy a Tapco 10 round mag and shorten the follower a little at a time until you can get 15 in. Works great.

I actually bought six Tapco 10-rounders and did just this.  But I'd really like to have them in the 30-round body for aesthetics reasons.

You 100% right,

Try emailing  Mike, from Mtnarmory. Their website is down but i will email and call them also.

[email protected] 

406-880-6133

I contacted him a couple months ago and he told me that doesn't have AK-74 mags anymore since he hasn't had a good source on the magazines recently.  You know off hand if he has them yet?  I know he does conversions if you buy 30-round mags and ship them to him though, but I'm not trying to drop $45 for a magazine and then $15-20 on the conversion fee on top of shipping costs both ways.  

I am not sure I posted pics in this thread..

Here is my attempt at an AK-103 clone:

I did the full conversion

Bulgarian 74 gas block,gas tube,FSB,cleaning rod,lower hand guard retainer

Kvar hand guards,pistol grip and Warsaw length stock

Tapco G2 single hook trigger group

CSS trigger guard

Arsenal brake

SGM 15 round mags.

10048459626_ebca06f8d4_z.jpg

10048557803_87e22dbf0e_z.jpg