The_Matrix

Pictures of AK's

I'd love to get another WASR soon... trick it out with an ACE tube stock, Midwest Industries railed handgaurds, and a new grip.

Kinda like this:

MI%20AK-3.jpg

Expected completion date: August 2012.

Right now: gotta refinish the wood on my current WASR-10... I want to pretty that thing up as much as possible.

Is the ACE stock plug-and-play or is there some minor modification needed? The other skeleton stocks need to be pinned and adjusted.

it is just LOTS of acreage in an area that does not really have a police department.. and the state police were aware of no discharge laws in that area..

7.62 saiga with the old ultimak and larger aimpoint setup..

saigapit.png

Is the ACE stock plug-and-play or is there some minor modification needed? The other skeleton stocks need to be pinned and adjusted.

rear most stock tang is cut off...

mount rear mounting block

mount stock

then there is an external block that does not require the tang to be cut.. it is uglier, but does not require you permanently modify your gun.. i have one of those blocks in a box if you go that route give me a yell you can have it cheap..

I believe he's using 15 round SGM Tactical mags that are specifically made for the Saiga. 15 round capacity from the factory and no bullet guide needed. Win win.

This. I've gone over this several times with Ray...... Pinned AK mags aren't exactly cheap, they're probably roughly the same cost as the Surefire mags. If I ever have the ability to run surplus mags for a cheap price, then I'll do the bullet guide upgrade. Until then, I'll run my smaller, lighter 15 round mags.

• Like 1

Vlad, just wondering why you always have Saiga mags in all your pics? I never you using steel. Do they not feed as well in your Saiga's? Plus aren't the polymer Saiga mags much more expensive?

pinned steel magazines do not interest me as they would impede prone shooting and not net any additional advantage though magazine capacity.. once I take up residence in America.. I will be purchasing at least one drum.. and a hand full of 30 round mags..

Yeah that makes sense.

I guess I prefer steel over polymer for rifle mags as when I had my PAP, the few polymer mags I had for it did not hold up that well. 15/20's don't bother me for prone shooting, but I can see why you like the Surefire mags.

Having owned both a PAP with metal and plastic mags, and a Saiga, I can assure you.....the Surefire mags are MUCH better quality than the plastic PAP mags. It's really not an issue. Speaking of the PAP.....single stack rifle mags FTL.

Will Surefire/Saiga mags still work correctly with a bullet guide installed?

I don't think so in stock form. I believe you need to file down the lip on the Surefire mags in order for them to work. Honestly to do that, I'm worried about feeding issues. If I'm going to do the bullet guide, it's because I'm going to fully convert to surplus or drum mags, and completely separate myself from the Surefire mags.

• Like 1

Will Surefire/Saiga mags still work correctly with a bullet guide installed?

yes providing you take your time fitting.. to use AK mags on a Saiga you do need to LIGHTLY file the mag catch.. did I mention you have to do it LIGHTLY? anyway.. if you do it LIGHTLY enough you can file it so that the AK mags just fit.. but the Saiga mags still fit as well.. bullet guide will not hinder Saiga specific magazines..

• Like 3

surefire mags are solid.. I had an older generation of them that really really really sucked.. the cycling of the gun alone was enough to shatter the top of one of the magazines.. they replaced EVERYTHING.. FREE.. I was hesitant to invest ANY faith in them after the first failure.. YEARS and THOUSANDS of rounds later.. I can say I trust them.. they are SOLID..

Even if you dont use surplus mags and dont need the bullet guide, it doesnt hurt to install it just incase you have an oppotunity to borrow some 30 rounders at an out of state range, of it SHTF

Yup

Wasr 10? I want to get a wasr in 7.62 soon. You like them.

One is a Wasr 10 the other is a GP75. Both are Romainian though. They are wearing the same furniture and sights now, so they are twinns.