ptbr321

East Brunswick

also let me add this, I know the law states 30 days and some towns abuse that intentionally, but I also think some of the blame is just on crappy township employees who take their time doing anything. I mean remember how bad the DMV was( they are starting to get much better)?? Its just another government agency

also let me add this, I know the law states 30 days and some towns abuse that intentionally, but I also think some of the blame is just on crappy township employees who take their time doing anything. I mean remember how bad the DMV was( they are starting to get much better)?? Its just another government agency

I agree.

EB has taken me upwards of 10 weeks in the past, so they weren't that good with it, but apparently, they are pretty good right now.

It took me roughly four weeks give or take a day or two, the longest was waiting for my appointment to get my finger prints done, that was a two week wait. Just applied for another pistol permit so we will see how this goes again.

It took me roughly four weeks give or take a day or two, the longest was waiting for my appointment to get my finger prints done, that was a two week wait. Just applied for another pistol permit so we will see how this goes again.

Welcome to the forum!

It took 5 weeks to get my 3 p/p's that I applied for the week before Christmas. Did you say you only applied for 1 pistol permit? Try to get 3-6 every time you apply. It makes the wait very much worth it. Even if you don't use them all, it will only cost you a couple of bucks. There's always a deal out there that's difficult to miss. ; ) My 2 cents.

Bridgewater took 30 days. They seemed pretty efficient. The folks who got reference letters had them within 3 days and returned them the next day. I suppose a lot of it has to do with the organization of your local administrator in the police dept. I just had a permit extended since I would have missed the expiration date by 3 days due to the 1 purchase every 30 day rule. The extension took 2 days to process.

The first time I applied for pistol permits in EB and was told 6 weeks I mentioned that state law said 30 days and they laughed at me. Warms ones heart how much respect law enforcement has for the laws they are supposed to enforce. Whatever. At this point I may buy one pistol per year or so and don't really care too much if it takes 4 weeks or 6 weeks. I still always apply for 6 permits and have yet to hear a single comment about that.

I live in East Brunswick and apply through there. The first time around the detective who took my fingerprints and so on was very positive and chatty, and the ladies at the public safety office were helpful. It took about 5 or 6 weeks to get the FPID card and two pistol permits.

THe second time I applied for pistol permits the ladies said "tsk tsk, not more people applying for guns.." but I applied for and got 5 PPPs, again within 5 or 6 weeks.

So, my experiences of EB are positive with my main gripe being that one has to go to the public safety office during work hours, which is a pain in the a**.

Yes, there are a lot of gun owners in East Brunswick and neighbouring Milltown. I'd like to see them lobby the Town COuncil to allow access to the police range on Harts Lane, which is rarely used. From what I remember the Mayor recognised that this could be a revenue stream for the town, but the wholly Dem council objected. In the midterms it went 50 50 D/R. Maybe it's time to revisit....

best and happy shooting

G

I don't follow what happens in EB much, though I am only one town over. Did anything ever happen with the police range on Harts Lane? That is just a few miles from me. I'd love to see that open to the public through a club/organization (someone has to repsonsible for what happens there).

Just an update on the wait in East Brunswick. I applied for a FID on the 20th of last month within 3 days my references had their letters i got my prints done 4 days after filling my paperwork. The references sent the letters back the following day. Three and a half weeks and counting. No pistol permits. The nice lady at the town said Oh no pistol? Then it will be faster about 2 weeks. Yeah, right what we need to do is when our children are born we should apply for the permit for them at the time we supply the info for the S.S.card. So this way by the time they are 18 they won't have to wait. What a joke this state is.

Sorry to hear about your frustration Hank, I know the pain, and so do many here. I just received all my stuff today after about a five week wait. Seemed like an eternity, and I have friends on the force that were actually doing my stuff. Normally it is 2 to 3 months in my town.

Is it not amazing how budget cuts,poor economy,lack of communication and ALL the other excuses we hear from our local town officials affect this firearms process yet our tax bill dept.is the most efficient most expedient dept. never to be affected by the economy cycle. Amazing.

I live in East Brunswick, and I got my purchasers card and first pistol permit in May of 2012. I think that took around 4 weeks, but don't remember exactly. On Jan 13th of 2013 i applied for another single pistol permit and today marks a month, when i dropped it off they told me up to 10 weeks. I called today and they told me probably two more weeks without any specific reason. This wait is especially painful for me because i already paid for the pistol and am just waiting for the permit and it's killing me.

I dropped by today to ask politley and inquire about the status of my 5 week old application. The lady asked me how long had it been and i said 5 weeks. She said well it's gonna be 8 to 10 in total and you'll get a letter from us so you don't need to come in and check. She looked away and tried to be done with me. So i pushed her a bit and asked if she could check and just make sure if everything was in order and my references had returned everything etc etc. She huffed at me and asked my last name, then picked up a phone and called someone else and asked if everything was in order with my permit application. She hung up the phone and said to me that they were still waiting for background checks and it will be another 2 weeks minimum and we'll send you a letter so you don't need to come in. I said it I had no idea it was gonna be this big an ordeal when i applied for one permit so can i apply for a second right now so i don't have to go through this again? I said i only wanted to do this if it would not delay the first permit. She huffed again and picked up the phone and called back the same person and asked if i could get a second permit. To my shock and surprise she hung up and said yes, so i paid my 2 dollars and now having fun day dreaming about what to buy for number 2. But damnit to hell, why did you get yours in less than 30 days and i'm stuck waiting 6 or 7 weeks at least. Same town right? Same process?

No longer a EB resident but my very first round of permits took 4 months in 2011,now a friend who is still a resident has been waiting since November 22'nd but has received past permit in as little as 3 weeks. There is no rhyme or reason I'm convinced, it's pretty much when they get around to it......