FFDP82

Happy Birthday

huh?

Im thinking he means this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sponsored/russianow/6453703/Russia-celebrates-Mikhail-Kalashnikovs-90th-birthday-the-designer-who-armed-the-world.html

Russia celebrates Mikhail Kalashnikov's 90th birthday - the designer who armed the world

Im thinking he means this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sponsored/russianow/6453703/Russia-celebrates-Mikhail-Kalashnikovs-90th-birthday-the-designer-who-armed-the-world.html

Russia celebrates Mikhail Kalashnikov's 90th birthday - the designer who armed the world

couple days late.. :icon_lol:

:facepalm:

many American soldiers have fallen victim to those commie gunz, i'm not gonna celebrate that crap

American solders were murdered by foreign soldiers, not the guns they used. Guns are inanimate objects and have no political ideologies.

• Like 5

I'll celebrate the Marine core birthday, Independence Day, or Memorial Day. But not the birthdate of some commie gun maker. What's next, celebrating Hi-Points creaters birthday? Then lorcin's?

• Like 1

"When I see Bin Laden with his AK-47, I got nervous. But what can I do, terrorists aren't fools: they too chose the most reliable guns." "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists," he said on a visit to Germany, adding: "I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawnmower."

- Lieutenant General Mikhail Timofeyevich Kalashnikov

• Like 3

"When I see Bin Laden with his AK-47, I got nervous. But what can I do, terrorists aren't fools: they too chose the most reliable guns." "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists," he said on a visit to Germany, adding: "I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawnmower."

- Lieutenant General Mikhail Timofeyevich Kalashnikov

+1

if it wasn't an AK.. it would be an AR.. if not an AR.. maybe something else.. as pointed out.. demonize the asshole people.. not the inanimate object.. the man made an awesome gun.. nothing worth ignoring..

• Like 1

Hey, lets celebrate Hitler's birthday too! And why not Mao's and Stalin's and Kim Jong Ill's too! And throw in George Soros and Obama! Wasn't Obama the salesman of the year in 09?

• Like 2

Hey, lets celebrate Hitler's birthday too! And why not Mao's and Stalin's and Kim Jong Ill's too! And throw in George Soros and Obama! Wasn't Obama the salesman of the year in 09?

have you been watching glenn beck lately????

everybody is entitled to their own opinion. if somebody fascinated by a particular gun and its history thats totally their right to do so. it does not mean that they support or share the ideology of the particular person who is somehow connected to that firearm. its like calling anybody who drives a bmw or benz or vw a nazi. we are here to share our common interest of history and technology of the firearms. we are a friendly, polite and silly community with members from very diverse backgrounds. so lets just keep it that way.

• Like 1

I can see if he was American, then yeah, celebrate. But he's a commie pig. All I'm saying is it seems that you guys are worshiping him like he's the holey grail.

• Like 2

just because Kalashnikov happened to be unfortunate enough to live under the soviets doesnt mean he supports communism. He probably deep down hates it, just like everyone did. Especially him though, since he gets no royalties off his design. Who cares where he is from? He designed an item.

-Youknow, rebar originated from the russians. I think you should boycot every building that has reenforced concrete.

-The concepts of the satellite were from russia, so throw away your GPS. Its for commie pigs anyways

-The lightening rod was used by the russians before ben franklin, so I hope you are never protected by one because its commie crap

-Fire supression foams, which would be used to put out a blaze in your home if you had one, was invented in russia. I guess they should let your house burn down if it goes ablaze.

-Arc welding was designed by the russians so I guess you shouldnt use anything welded anymore

So, if you boycott all of the above I respect your opinion to boycott and dislike the AK and his designer. Until then... :facepalm:

Edit: I also dont know how you got sidetracked but the OP stated happy birthday to the rifle not the designer.

• Like 4

I can see if he was American, then yeah, celebrate. But he's a commie pig. All I'm saying is it seems that you guys are worshiping him like he's the holey grail.

I am surprised and offended buy your comment. With such a diverse group of people using this forum why would you say such a thing? Remember the golden rule; if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.

• Like 1

I am surprised and offended buy your comment. With such a diverse group of people using this forum why would you say such a thing? Remember the golden rule; if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.

Oh well, good thing we have the 1st ammendment right! If this were commie land I might be laying in a ditch!

• Like 1

To think that everyone from a formerly/currently communist country is a "commie" or supports the ideologies of their government speaks volumes about your perspective and knowledge of the world. Coming from someone born in a formerly Soviet country (though I don't recall much of it, being very young) and from a family of those who DID experience Soviet Russia for all of their lives-it is NOTHING to celebrate. Though I will always be proud of my nationality and my family history, I am very well aware of the pained past (and present) of the Russian people. Even to this day, the effects of the Cold War are still evident in Russia-it is a history we might never live down. But to think that we all just lived behind the iron curtain blindly believing everything and supporting the very government that killed millions of its own people-that's just foolish (though of course, there were supporters). Russia under Stalin's rule was one of the most catastrophic periods in recent history. It is an era that I assure you-no one wanted to live through.

Kalashnikov's achievements should be celebrated-he designed a popular, reliable, and efficient rifle, one that was used to defend his country, and one that is used around the world to this day. Is it always used for the betterment of man? Not always. To celebrate him as a person-I can't do that, because I don't know him on a personal level, I can't say for sure our views of the world line up. But did Albert Einstein want his work to lead to a never-ending arms race? He urged that the atomic bomb be created because it was suspected Germany was doing the same-he urged it be created for protection, because he knew the power of Nazi Germany, and he believed it was needed should anything catastrophic happen. Kalashnikov wanted to create a rifle that worked, not necessarily to help his government, but to defend his country-his people. I doubt that while he was working on his rifle, he was hoping it would end up in the arms of every radical and lunatic this world has to offer-but like another poster quoted-terrorists are not fools in the sense that when it comes to choosing weaponry-they will choose the best weapons they can. If you have a goal to accomplish, and it requires arms-you're going to go for top-shelf stuff.

Both men achieved their goals-with consequences, of course-but that is the nature of this world. Absolutely nothing comes without some kind of consequence. Sometimes they are unforeseen, unfortunately.

Also-give yourself a history lesson and do some research on all of the countries the U.S. has invaded/been stationed in. The innocent people we've killed, with a variety of different weapons. We get in everyone's business. And yet we point fingers at other countries and denounce them for doing the same. It doesn't matter what weapons we use-"a rose by any other name would smell as sweet"-what matters is the person behind the weapon.

Just agree that certain inventions benefited mankind somewhere somehow, and let's move on. And please get over your "commie" bs, it's unattractive and makes you look like an idiot. That **** is so 80s, just stfu and play with an AK, I think you'll enjoy it.

• Like 7

Ray Ray nobody is tryin to shut u up. ppl just want to understand where this hating is coming from. i mean you are too young to have been a part of any "commie pig" conflicts. and by the time you were 11 the soviet union was gone. u cant really have anytin against china since its not a communist state anymore. and north korea is just straight out mad house. so again by the time u were old enough to care the practical use of communist ideology was over. another thing you mite wanna research is that at the pick of its power the communist party of the soviet union had a membership of less than 10% of the population. now if you have sometin personal against russians then lets just stop this conversation now cause this is not why we are here.

my personal reasons for acknowledging the Kalashnikovs bday is the following in couple of words>>> this guy comes from pretty much uneducated peasant family. goes to war. survives. teaches himself engineering. and builds a rifle from the soldiers (not a professional soldier but a conscript) point of view/use. and never asks for anytin in return. and also thanks to him and millions "commie pigs" like him most of the free word doesnt speak german today, unless of course u think its a bad thing. also some of our allies still use AKs as their primary infantry rifles. also i finally got myself a Glock so congratulations to me. also daaaamn annka pylemetchitsa that was like heavy ...

go to 1:10

Link 1

• Like 2

..another thing you mite wanna research is that at the pick of its power the communist party of the soviet union had a membership of less than 10% of the population....

Yeah, and of that >%10, probably about .01% supported it. A personal friend of mine and his wife were both members of the party, even though they hated it. If you cant beat em join em!

• Like 2

First off all, I know my history. I don't have to be born in the Soviet Union or communist china to know what communism is. Why doesn't everyone here who gave me so many negatives move to Russia. Then speak your mind, cause you won't! How many reporters in Russia are dead?

I'm an Amurican, through and through. I'm also a tea party member that has served his country proudly. I can say whatever I want about Russia or China or North Korea, cause I CAN!!!

• Like 5

+1 I highly doubt you can say whatever you want in Russia.

First off all, I know my history. I don't have to be born in the Soviet Union or communist china to know what communism is. Why doesn't everyone here who gave me so many negatives move to Russia. Then speak your mind, cause you won't! How many reporters in Russia are dead?

I'm an Amurican, through and through. I'm also a tea party member that has served his country proudly. I can say whatever I want about Russia or China or North Korea, cause I CAN!!!

• Like 1

Do you realize that Russia is no longer communist?

Yeah, sure. My co-worker had a son in Russia that be brought over here so we wouldn't have to join the military. Forced military service? It may not be as bad as it was, but it still isn't were I wanna be.

• Like 3