Brice deGanahl

Where to test fire before buying

I'm looking for a shooting range where I can test fire some pistols (9mm auto) to learn which I would like to buy. I will be in north eastern New Jersey shortly (I live in Costa Rica). I have contacted Brick Armory, but they don't have the Beretta 92fs which to date is my favorite (from very limited experience with 9mm autos). I'd also like a place that has some of the newer lighter pistols to try out.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to a good range anywhere from Asbury Park up to New York somewhat near the east coast that has a good collection of 9mm rentals? Could be in New York as well. Do I need any permit to shoot at a range in New Jersey? Aside from ammo, how much does it cost to rent say 5 weapons for comparison over an hour or two?

You should head to Shore Shot. It is literally around the corner from Brick Armory in Lakewood. Here is a link for their rental board. They definitely have a Beretta 92 for you to try. Call them to find the latest on their rental board.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/14933-rental-board-be-happy-with-your-new-purchase/page__p__198675__fromsearch__1#entry198675

The cost to rent is $20 per caliber. You can shoot as many guns of the same caliber you want for that price. Change calibers, costs another $20.

our rental is $15 for non member $10 for a member.. NJGF gets member pricing.. never was $20

Do I need any permit to shoot at a range in New Jersey? Aside from ammo, how much does it cost to rent say 5 weapons for comparison over an hour or two?

As noted, Shore Shot is your best bet and I don't believe Shore shot requires a Firearms purchaser ID to rend. You will however need a firearms purchaser ID to buy long guns and a permit to purchase a pistol to buy handguns in New Jersey. If you don't have that you will need to start the process once you are settled in your new home.