Sign in to follow this  
67gtonut

Winchester Supreme Sporting

What barrel length, 28" or 30"? Tried a friend's at Thunder Mtn. some years ago when they first came out. A bit different than Browning's 425/525 as the Winchester's receiver is shallower than the Browning-syle lockup. I think an O/U is more versatile as both a field and clays gun and it can be put to good use for any of the clays games by the merits of its single sighting plane with two different chokes. Any O/U than begins with B, B, SKB or W would be a solid shooter. It's just a matter of taste and style in what you want. Just make sure the gun fits you properly before you purchase. That's equally as important.

BTW - The new Browning 625's are starting at something like $2,600! :icon_e_surprised:

What barrel length, 28" or 30"? Tried a friend's at Thunder Mtn. some years ago when they first came out. A bit different than Browning's 425/525 as the Winchester's receiver is shallower than the Browning-syle lockup. I think an O/U is more versatile as both a field and clays gun and it can be put to good use for any of the clays games by the merits of its single sighting plane with two different chokes. Any O/U than begins with B, B, SKB or W would be a solid shooter. It's just a matter of taste and style in what you want. Just make sure the gun fits you properly before you purchase. That's equally as important.

BTW - The new Browning 625's are starting at something like $2,600! :icon_e_surprised:

Its in Neveda..... going to roll the dice, all the feedback on the 'net, confirms a solid gun....

Boy I guess your buddy Brian could sell ice to an eskimoe :icon_razz: I thought you were sold on an autoloader? Looks like a solid gun Troy, but I would try to shoulder one before buying it. God forbid it doesn't fit right, because I'm not sure I can afford this right now :icon_lol:

Boy I guess your buddy Brian could sell ice to an eskimoe :icon_razz: I thought you were sold on an autoloader? Looks like a solid gun Troy, but I would try to shoulder one before buying it. God forbid it doesn't fit right, because I'm not sure I can afford this right now :icon_lol:

:facepalm:

No, I'll let Troy buy it, and if it doesn't work out for him, I'll be a good friend and take it off his hands for a ridiculously low fire sale price.

banana141.gif

Its mine.....

Outstanding.

Mazel Tov, and may I be the very first one to officially welcome you to Fuddsdom.

Your official silly hat will be forthcoming.

Try the pie. It's wabbit.

elmer-fudd.gif

I believe you...

and I believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny (yum), unicorns, and that diet Dr. Pepper tastes as good as original.