Moose

IDPA This Sunday 11/21/10 @ Bridgewater

As far as equipment is concerned, what's needed?

Im assuming an OWB holster, mags, ammo? And how many mags and rounds and what type of loads are accepted, what type of gun, minimum caliber and barrel length?

I should probably read the thread, huh? LOL

OWB Holster is ok - depending on what you have. I forget what pistols you have, Tommy. I think you have a G19? If you need a holster for that, I actually have 2 - 1 for Steph and you can use the other one. Don't really need a mag holder - pockets are fine. 200 rounds minimum, 3 mags minimum as well, 4 recommended. 9mm minimum caliber, no barrel length restrictions.

OWB Holster is ok - depending on what you have. I forget what pistols you have, Tommy. I think you have a G19? If you need a holster for that, I actually have 2 - 1 for Steph and you can use the other one. Don't really need a mag holder - pockets are fine. 200 rounds minimum, 3 mags minimum as well, 4 recommended. 9mm minimum caliber, no barrel length restrictions.

I had just about all of the same questions and found this neat little rulebook that answered all of them. IDPA Rulebook

Dang, I've been competing at the Somerset IDPA sporadically for over a year but I won't be there this Sunday. Would have liked to have met some more NJGF members.

Listen to Moose - get there at least an hour early for the orientation/safety briefing. Do not uncase/holster your firearm until you are shown how and where to do so.

As new shooters you won't be required to wear a concealing garment, but if you choose to you can use a vest, or an overshirt or jacket. I typically wear a T shirt tucked into jeans and then a big button-down shirt loosely over that with the front open/unbuttoned for concealment.

The match is entirely inside, the walls and floor are concrete and it's not always well heated so you may want a couple of layers to stay warm if necessary.

Volunteer to help set up/take down the stages and clean up brass/tape targets in between rounds and you'll make a good impression.

Have fun, hopefully I'll see some of you next month.

Dang, I've been competing at the Somerset IDPA sporadically for over a year but I won't be there this Sunday. Would have liked to have met some more NJGF members.

Listen to Moose - get there at least an hour early for the orientation/safety briefing. Do not uncase/holster your firearm until you are shown how and where to do so.

As new shooters you won't be required to wear a concealing garment, but if you choose to you can use a vest, or an overshirt or jacket. I typically wear a T shirt tucked into jeans and then a big button-down shirt loosely over that with the front open/unbuttoned for concealment.

The match is entirely inside, the walls and floor are concrete and it's not always well heated so you may want a couple of layers to stay warm if necessary.

Volunteer to help set up/take down the stages and clean up brass/tape targets in between rounds and you'll make a good impression.

Have fun, hopefully I'll see some of you next month.

DirtyDigz,

Did you participate in Rich Fox Memorial Match?

Moose

lol at my stage 2..

i think they got the numbers backwards...

should be 26.37 not 73.62

oh and nice meeting some of you!

i didn't get to intro myself to everyone but i think i left knowing most of who you were...

Deni,

you might have gotten the most time, but your PD (Point Down) were 34, which means your accuracy was good.

Antonio,

Good job buddy, nice accuracy.

It was nice to meet most of you, not sure if I introduced myself or meet most of you from NJGF that were there. So who is coming back? My videos are uploading up now. Should be another 30-40 minutes to upload them all.

Moose

Deni,

you might have gotten the most time, but your PD (Point Down) were 34, which means your accuracy was good.

Thanks for the cup is half full POV.

It was definitely a good experience and I enjoyed myself and am certainly looking to try to make it out regularly.

It was great to shoot with the CSS crew again and also make some new friends. I hope that everyone had fun and plans to shoot IDPA again.

Moose, I'm happy with my accuracy but with so few points down I learned that I need to speed it up. Competing in IDPA is a good way to measure your limits because you're balancing speed and accuracy.