Moose

IDPA This Sunday 11/21/10 @ Bridgewater

As Krdshrk mentioned, Sunday was my first time shooting competitively, drawing from a holster, reloading with any sort of expediency in mind, shooting from behind cover, as well as shooting faster than 1 shot a second. I think I'm about as much of a novice as you're likely to find. I'll try and write something up, give me a few days.

That's great, guys.

If I get stuff from a few people, I'll be able to put together a nice piece with quotes from everyone and everyone's personal impressions and wrap it into a big plug for the club.

Should be a good promotion piece for the sport and the for the location.

If anyone here has a relationship with the club, it would be nice to get something from them about how they want to promote the sport to new people, like seeing new faces at the events, etc..

That would round it out nicely.

That's great, guys.

If I get stuff from a few people, I'll be able to put together a nice piece with quotes from everyone and everyone's personal impressions and wrap it into a big plug for the club.

If anyone here has a relationship with the club, it would be nice to get something from them about how they want to promote the sport to new people, like seeing new faces at the events, etc..

I think Moose is a member.

who camera took that mini group shot? We should have gathered everyone before we headed out to get a large group shot. Can't wait to shave this mustache that i'm growing for Movember (<-- google it).

Moose

I think I have a few pics. I'll check my camera and post them tonight.

That's great, guys.

GlennP and Px4storm are members.

Antonio,

Did I hear something about a AR15 building party in the near future @ the IDPA match on Sunday? Give me a heads up on the date, so I could start ordering stuff online.

Moose

Did you purchase a lower receiver yet? The Surplus Arms & Ammo lowers from AIM are a bargain at $59.95. I heard they're actually made by Aero Precision. Don't skimp on the lower parts kit. I would not buy another DPMS LPK because their QC is hit or miss. Their trigger guard roll pins are known for being too tight and triggers can be gritty. A Daniel Defense LPK is a much better option.

An AR build party would be fun but the clubhouse, especially on match day, isn't the ideal location to do it. A sturdy vise is required if you want to attach a barrel to an upper receiver. There are lots of tiny parts involved, some of which need to be hammered into the lower receiver. Springs and detents are under tension so they have a tendency to launch, never to be seen again. If that happens you're screwed until you can get a replacement part.

Did you purchase a lower receiver yet? The Surplus Arms & Ammo lowers from AIM are a bargain at $59.95. I heard they're actually made by Aero Precision. Don't skimp on the lower parts kit. I would not buy another DPMS LPK because their QC is hit or miss. Their trigger guard roll pins are known for being too tight and triggers can be gritty. A Daniel Defense LPK is a much better option.

An AR build party would be fun but the clubhouse, especially on match day, isn't the ideal location to do it. A sturdy vise is required if you want to attach a barrel to an upper receiver. There are lots of tiny parts involved, some of which need to be hammered into the lower receiver. Springs and detents are under tension so they have a tendency to launch, never to be seen again. If that happens you're screwed until you can get a replacement part.

Not yet, I will start purchasing the items the week after I get from Vegas, around Dec 10th. So now all we need is a place to have this party at? I have a vise I could borrow. I should have all the items needed before Christmas.

Moose