vjf915

Central Jersey outdoor range

Just like the title says, I am looking for an outdoor range in Central Jersey (Trenton area). Preferably no more than ~45 minutes away. Looking for something with at least 100yds, preferably longer. I am aware of Range 14, but am wondering if there are any other options. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to throw them out!

Try, Central Jersey Rifle & Pistol Club, www.cjrpc.com, I'm a new member there and would be happy to show you around-

I might have to take you up on that one day. I need to save up the funds first thgouh. And i still need to verify that they rquire NRA membership :angry:

I might have to take you up on that one day. I need to save up the funds first thgouh. And i still need to verify that they rquire NRA membership :angry:

No Problem, anytime.. I was tld that they still require the NRA membership, however, it's not checked again after joining, so worst case, you have to pay the $25.00 NRA membership for one year.. (I'm not advocating this, but it's your choice :-) )

No Problem, anytime.. I was tld that they still require the NRA membership, however, it's not checked again after joining, so worst case, you have to pay the $25.00 NRA membership for one year.. (I'm not advocating this, but it's your choice :-) )

I lika the way a u think

(supposed to sound italian!)

Try, Central Jersey Rifle & Pistol Club, www.cjrpc.com, I'm a new member there and would be happy to show you around-

I greatly appreciate the offer, but I have already checked out that range....and it is a little out of my price range. It looked GREAT when I was looking at their site a week ago, and maybe in a year or two when I have some extra funds. But it's like $650 for the first year, then $250 for each year after that....just a little too rich for my blood being a full time college student, part time worker, and the bills I have to foot. Again, I really appreciate the offer. I am also looking for something that is a little bit more guest friendly, CJRPC looks like they only allow two guests in twice a year.

Yea and I normally shoot with the same person, so that might not work too well. Responded to your PM. Thanks for the time and advice! A little adjustment....I am looking for something similar to Range 14 as far as distance, setup, and membership fees go. CJRPC looks like a great setup, but it is a little too rich for my blood right now.

+1 to Citizens. I've been there once for a walkthrough with a club member. Because I shoot primarily rifle, I wasn't overly thrilled about the fact that I could only shoot through a tube (don't know if this has changed as its been almost a year since I visited). If this wasn't the case, I'd be more interested in the club with it being literally minutes away.

So for that range you are looking at $275 to start for the first year, then $100 each year after that. Not bad. This range is about an hour away from me. It doesnt look like they have as much room for members to shoot.....I would be afraid of a busy weekend.

Before you join MCRPC ask if they own the access road. A few years ago the club was forced to move and the new location was landlocked. The solution was to get permission from several property owners to drive across their property. What happens when one of the owners sells and the next owner denies permission?