Sign in to follow this  
Ruger11

Remington R-25 .308 scope????

Are you shooting for groups or do you want to make fast hits on IPSC/IDPA style targets? I ask because I just built a MWS for 0-300yds and put a TR24 on it so the rifle would be effective at those ranges with a 50yd zero while sacrificing very little when shooting at 0-25 yards. But the TR24 being a 1-4x is completely ineffective for shooting tight groups. The other MWS that I have is being tasked with 300-800 yards with the same target in mind so a fixed 10x is likely what I'll be putting on it. See why intended use is such a big factor in glass selection?

Nightforce, depending on what you want to do with it the NXS line has all types of magnification settings and objective lense sizes to suit your needs. I have own/owned Leupolds, Schmidt and Benders and other various high end optics and feel that NF is the best bang for the buck.

Guest tAKticool

Please tell me all about this, I am interested as well.

BUT, I did read (as I posted before I almost bought an R-15, but i was a week it buying guns and had no idea what I was doing its probably good I didn't get it)... that since Remington is now owned by Freedom Group, which owns Bushmaster and DPMS. .. That Remington basically takes Bushmaster varmint rifles for the 5-15 and DPMS AR-10s, their specialties, and calls the R-25.

but whatever I trust in them.

Yeah, picking out a scope is difficult,which is why I usually take the advise of the salesmen.But this guy kept insisting on a $700 Leupold.I have a $300.00 Leupold pistol scope on my .44mag, and a $50.00 Bushnell on a 10/22,they both work good.I'm just looking for a cheap,decent scope,nothing fancy.Want to try this rifle on some deer, 250 yards max.

You might want to consider one of the new Redfields. Made in the same factory in Oregon as Leupold (they are owned by Leupold) but at prices that rival Chinese optics. I believe they make three variables - check them out...

http://www.redfield.com/

Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob