ronhonda

USPSA @ Old Bridge 11/28/10

Match This Sunday.(weather permitting)

New Shooters show up by 9am.

pre-register on www.obcats.com

Match should start by 10am.

Shoot off that extra helping of turkey and stuffing you had on Thanksgiving!

Any questions post them, will try to answer.

Guest megaman

Ron, you inspired me, so maybe I will take my new STI Trojan 5.0 out!

:icon_e_surprised:

Hi Everyone,

I just registered. So unless something urgent comes up, I will be there sunday. This will be my first time shooting.

Quick question:

I only have 2 mag holders but I do have 5 magazines. Is it mandatory to have 4 mag holders? Also, what is the round count.

Thanks.

Ryan

Hi Everyone,

I just registered. So unless something urgent comes up, I will be there sunday. This will be my first time shooting.

Quick question:

I only have 2 mag holders but I do have 5 magazines. Is it mandatory to have 4 mag holders? Also, what is the round count.

Thanks.

Ryan

What kind of mag holders do you need?

Is it a double mag pouch?

1 in the gun, 2 on the belt, 1 in the pocket should get you through most... 40 rounds is typically enough for most shooters on a stage.

Longest typical stage is 32 rounds, plus any make up shots you take or misses on steel.

Guest megaman

is there any way to register for this match? just saw this info, went to sign up on obcats and saw there was a cutoff last night.

-Roger

Show up in the AM as a walk on...show up before 9 for walk on.

Squad with me.

Guest megaman

Great time today guys! Got to work out my STI, I 4 FTF's where the slide needed to be rack or forced to go into place.

I attribute this to being a new gun shooting lighter .45 loads.

Anyway, sorry we didnt get to squad with you guys, but it was good to see everyone as always..

here is a video of yours truly ripping it up.

I am going to post more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG36hK1tkl8

Was a great eventful match... great stages, great squad.... and a great KB. :icon_mrgreen: Sorry Tony (if you are reading this)

guys, teaching moment... if you are shooting, and something sounds wrong.... DO NOT SHOOT AGAIN. STOP and check it out.

Guest megaman

mak's what happened ?

guys, teaching moment... if you are shooting, and something sounds wrong.... DO NOT SHOOT AGAIN. STOP and check it out.

Please elaborate, We did not hear anything...

Tony S was shooting his glock. One of the rounds was a squib. He sent a second round, went kaboom. Slide came off the frame in the front of the gun. Barrel is fugged. Frame seems to be ok. Luckily, he had an aftermarket barrel in it, so it didnt blow up... no doubt a glock barrel would probably blow up. Most importantly, no one was hurt or injured in any way.

Guest megaman

Tony S was shooting his glock. One of the rounds was a squib. He sent a second round, went kaboom. Slide came off the frame in the front of the gun. Barrel is fugged. Frame seems to be ok. Luckily, he had an aftermarket barrel in it, so it didnt blow up... no doubt a glock barrel would probably blow up. Most importantly, no one was hurt or injured in any way.

OH DAMN! Glad everyone is ok and nobody got hurt. **** happens, and we need to pay attention to each shot and how it sounds. If the first tap sounds odd, dont do the second tap...Its hard to do that in a competitive situation but try to stay in tuned to the sound of your gun....

Glad everyone is ok. Shows us that modern guns are safe though.

OH DAMN! Glad everyone is ok and nobody got hurt. **** happens, and we need to pay attention to each shot and how it sounds. If the first tap sounds odd, dont do the second tap...Its hard to do that in a competitive situation but try to stay in tuned to the sound of your gun....

Glad everyone is ok. Shows us that modern guns are safe though.

Vin, if he was not using a comp barrel.... I dont know if it would of turn out that way.... so far as we know, barrel is in one piece... however when he gets home and tries to get it out... we shall see if it is in pieces... there are pics around... I am sure someone will be posting them.

Guest megaman

Maks, you are prob right. If there ever was a reason to apply for a pistol permit and explain to the DT what happened, I think the DT would get the permit done in a few days...lol..

sorry for your gun, person whos gun broke...lol...