ronhonda

USPSA @ Old Bridge 11/28/10

Guest megaman

It's not mine megaman. I just happen to have been waiting and decided to take a picture after I heard what happened.

Edited...

The match was a good one. The stages, and squad were fantastic. Well it was a great day except for the Glock KB and a over expanded case that got stuck in someone's gun which caused him to zero a stage. :angry: The KB sucked but it "probably" could have been avoided. The shooter in question heard a "poof" and thought a spring had broken. Instead of stopping, he tapped, racked, and inserted a new mag, and we saw the end results. The RO could also have told the shooter to STOP as to the distinct sound a squib makes. I also heard the poof from about 30 yards away and was to late in realizing what was happening. I am not trying to put blame on anyone here other than the shooter. I am glad that no one got hurt, the gun can be fixed or replaced. Full disclosure, the shooter is one of my best friends and it sucks that this happened, but it can happen to anyone regardless of whether or not you use factory or reloaded ammo. You need to be aware at all times. I can say that I was there when he acquired the gun, outfitted it with quality components, and there when it fired it's last shot. The only positive that came out of this is that the jump to the dark side of open has been moved up from summer to maybe spring and I beat him again.

Vin, if he was not using a comp barrel.... I dont know if it would of turn out that way.... so far as we know, barrel is in one piece... however when he gets home and tries to get it out... we shall see if it is in pieces... there are pics around... I am sure someone will be posting them.

I currently have said gun and the barrel is cracked from end to end.

Tony S was shooting his glock. One of the rounds was a squib. He sent a second round, went kaboom. Slide came off the frame in the front of the gun. Barrel is fugged. Frame seems to be ok. Luckily, he had an aftermarket barrel in it, so it didnt blow up... no doubt a glock barrel would probably blow up. Most importantly, no one was hurt or injured in any way.

His Pride has suffered a serious blow.

I just saw my scores and as I expected, I sucked. Especially shooting the do not shoot target twice in the classifier! lol! There was a lot of info to take in for a newbie. What made my day was able to shoot every steel plate on the texas star missing only 3 times.

Wow. Glock kaboom! Hope you had fun, Ryan! It's a little different than IDPA huh?

A lot different than IDPA! I almost got DQ'd twice - 1 for the 180 rule and the other, almost having my gun too low when opening a window.

It was a lot of fun though and the weather cooperated yesterday! I just can't aim with my front sights fast enough. I think I may need to replace the stock sights on my CZ. I know more practice will help but I just can't seem to aim properly at times. I may really have to look hard at what sights will help me get my sights better and/or faster.

I just saw my scores and as I expected, I sucked. Especially shooting the do not shoot target twice in the classifier! lol! There was a lot of info to take in for a newbie. What made my day was able to shoot every steel plate on the texas star missing only 3 times.

Don't let yourself get psyched out. Have fun, and be safe. And remember, the guy who leaves in a new car, showed up in one.

Guest megaman

Well I saw my scores. I guess if I slowed down and payed attention and maybe read that USPSA rule book I have had for over a year now maybe I would do better in terms of points...Some interestin RO's this time...one RO tried to tell me I was breaking the 180' at about 140', We had to do algebra right there on the spot, one guy told me not to use my gun to knock the door open (why would I free up a hand to push a door? I have a gun barrel extending 6in from my hand!) But I am not complaining, I guess my scores reflect that my runs look really cool, but that I am not playing for points.

I guess I need to start to play the game for points...

Either way, run and gun is where its at folks. Join us one of these days...

just logged on. i didnt think that there would be this many posts about the "incident".

To everybody that offered to let me borrow their equipment so i can keep shooting. To everybody that help me make the gun safe. To everybody that asked about my well being....Thanks

just logged on. i didnt think that there would be this many posts about the "incident".

To everybody that offered to let me borrow their equipment so i can keep shooting. To everybody that help me make the gun safe. To everybody that asked about my well being....Thanks

Glad you're ok. So, no more Glocks for you?

thanks

i have another glock that i can shoot. i just need to put better sights on her (maybe some different reloads)and she should be itching to go. If the 35 cant be salvaged, I may be forced to switch to open. I know that ron is hoping that i stay in production division though

i have another glock that i can shoot. i just need to put better sights on her (maybe some different reloads)and she should be itching to go. If the 35 cant be salvaged, I may be forced to switch to open.

tony, I can think of worse things to happen then to have to switch to open.

Send it in to glock, see if they will fix it under warranty.

will and ron are going to see if can be repaired this week. if it cant be repaired, i will send it to glock. i just dont think that my stupidity is covered under the factory warranty though

Tony, as I said "Will's got an awesome set of tools, he can fix it". But, whatever happens you won't have any problems with finding suitable equipment for you to use. And you know you want to shoot open. Just do it!