Ray Ray

Best looking handgun.

SHOOT?????? Who shoots a work of art like that? Shoot, indeed.

Pizza Bob is right on the money. I have not shot it...yet. I would have but I just dont get out to the range that often anymore. This Ed Brown Special Forces was a special order. It has 10-8 sights, an ambi safety, a clean, sllide, and a melted bushing A little different then your off the shelf Ed Brown. The grips are aftermarket too.

I have owned Ed Browns in the past and out of all the semi custom 1911's out there (Baer, Wilson, Nighthawk), I like the EB's the best. Only reason I sold them was that they were not being used much.

Some of those factory race guns like the STI posted earlier are akin to exotic cars. Built by a manufacturer with exotic parts for a very specialized purpose and bound by a homogeneous design aesthetic. Race guns (and cars) built by individuals tend to be a little less refined in thier execution and so while they may function fine, they are not usually handsome.

I hear what you are saying Jon. I have seen some ugggllly race guns in my day but if they are done right...they are absolutely gorgeous. Check out these race guns done w/ aesthetics in mind...

Some of those factory race guns like the STI posted earlier are akin to exotic cars. Built by a manufacturer with exotic parts for a very specialized purpose and bound by a homogeneous design aesthetic. Race guns (and cars) built by individuals tend to be a little less refined in thier execution and so while they may function fine, they are not usually handsome.

limcatcamo.jpg

infinityrace.jpg

SVIblack.jpg

Those are definitely nice. And what makes them attractive is that the design elements are easily identifiable and is carried throughout the entire piece. The same serration style and patterns are echoed in more than one place sometimes even transitioning seamlessly between 2 separate but adjacent parts, the contours match and the color scheme is simple, not gaudy and applied to the entire schedule of parts.

I like the general style of the Walther PPk. There are a lot of design copies, but the general curvaceous style of that gun and its compact dimensions make it pretty damn sexy. I have cheap copy in the form of a FEG PA63 and the bi-tone style is fairly well done.

IMG_1451.jpg

I hear what you are saying Jon. I have seen some ugggllly race guns in my day but if they are done right...they are absolutely gorgeous. Check out these race guns done w/ aesthetics in mind...

limcatcamo.jpg

infinityrace.jpg

SVIblack.jpg

you would never be able to find the camo gun.

Ill have to give the award to my dads 4'' Python with the oversized walnut grips. It will be mine next week so ill add pics.

In second place will be my (within the week) 1911 loaded with the Crimson trace burlwood Lazer grips

Pics very soon of both

If the laws in this Godforsaken craphole ever change to lighten the firearms transportation restrictions, I'm gonna open a photo studio specializing in the photography of firearms. A bath towel? Really?

Nice guns.

Right Ken? I mean really Chris - go to Walmart and buy a yard of green felt, it's cheaper and looks so much better. :p

Right Ken? I mean really Chris - go to Walmart and buy a yard of green felt, it's cheaper and looks so much better. :p

Take a look at my "Recent Acquisitions" and for sale threads. I have the guns on a wooden chair with a shirt draped over it. Classy! :)

If I ever have the time, enthusiasm and energy at the same time, I'm planning a "how-to photograph handguns on the cheap" piece for njshoot. A little setup for practically nothing, makes nice images, and can be pretty much just stashed away when not being used. Problem is, I'll have to build it to show the steps, and I just don't have that kind of energy or commitment during the winter. I'd rather hibernate.