Sign in to follow this  
usnmars

If you wanted a Mitchells Mauser...

I have had a couple of members pm me regarding Mitchells Mausers. They are a horrible company and have been walking the line of fraud. They will grind off stampings and re-stamp a rifle and sell it as all original. All of the real K98's that they sell as unissued start out as regular Russian capture guns. Well now it ends up that they are taking M48 Yugo Mausers and re-stamping German markings on them. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I have heard of the M48 thing for a while, but here is an example. Here is a link to a discussion on Gunboards where a fella is figuring out that his new K98 is actually a re-stamped M48! Again if you are looking for a good example of a German K98, do not go for a Mitchells. They are Con Artists!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunboards discussion

I`ve shot a Mitchell`s before..............they shoot great if you re looking for a shooter since it is a refurbish, re blued clean gun...............however no historical value as they twist many details on the history of the rifles (especially the Yugo`s)................and they restamp the Nazi`s.

if you are looking for a good shooter k98(the real deal) go to sarco and get a yugo capture. they have them for $200, last i was there, and other than the receiver ring, most still have the original german markings. I have a couple and love them.

holy bejeezus! Mitchells gets 449 for a 24/47!! I am a millionaire!! The Yugo 24/47's are excellent guns for the money and most are unissued since refurb in 1947 with new barrels. They can easily be had for less than $200 at most gunshows. Heck over the summer, I helped matt6669 pick one out at Eagle Arms in the exact condition of a Mitchells for $180. Like I said Mitchells is a rip.

holy bejeezus! Mitchells gets 449 for a 24/47!! I am a millionaire!! The Yugo 24/47's are excellent guns for the money and most are unissued since refurb in 1947 with new barrels. They can easily be had for less than $200 at most gunshows. Heck over the summer, I helped matt6669 pick one out at Eagle Arms in the exact condition of a Mitchells for $180. Like I said Mitchells is a rip.

That was my thought! I bought one from Eagle in the early summer for $169 or $179 or something in excellent condition.

I was at Sarco yesterday and they had some Yugo capture k98's. All were $200 and 2 that I fondled had absolute cherry bores. As usual they would require a cleanup to look great, but for the price it was hard for me to leave one behind. I resisted the temptation and left it there. They had about 15 on the shelves.