Ray Ray

Bi-Weekly meetup at the Bayonne pistol Range

Shot alone

haven't done that in while

The two ports next to me were some dudes shooting glocks. Asked if I could shoot his 26 and WTF?!? The trigger pull was horrible. I thought it was broken at first, but I put 2 and 2 together and NYPD cops. That trigger is bad, to say the least.

Going for doctor appts every tuesday night for the baby with the wife. I am going to have to go some other nights soon. Hand is finally better so I need to start shooting again. Gotta work the glock, sig and 870 for range quals whenever I do go back to work. At this point I am not sure when that will be.

Shot alone

haven't done that in while

The two ports next to me were some dudes shooting glocks. Asked if I could shoot his 26 and WTF?!? The trigger pull was horrible. I thought it was broken at first, but I put 2 and 2 together and NYPD cops. That trigger is bad, to say the least.

were they older guys? probably used to that old wheel gun trigger pull.

were they older guys? probably used to that old wheel gun trigger pull.

No, young kids. Maybe 24

One shot my Px4 and had a scare because of how light the trigger was to his 26. Amazing what a decent trigger can do.

What is a factory glock trigger spring. My duty glock has a modified NY trigger at 8 pounds. Thats what they give us. I am not a fan of our glocks. As far as off duty I know I have very strict restrictions as to what I am indemnified carrying off duty. I am not a 100 percent on what ny restrictions are. I do know a lot of guys will change out the trigger springs so that it matches their duty weapon for ease of transition. I dont do that. When I qualify and shoot my glock it takes a couple of rounds to get used to my off duty sig p250.

One shot my Px4 and had a scare because of how light the trigger was to his 26. Amazing what a decent trigger can do.

Oh my brother, testify. :icon_mrgreen:

I got to play with a Px4 this week (as well as several other hand cannons: see here for the gory details), and it has (you'll pardon the pun!) shot to the top of my "I Need That Gun" list.

Was going to go to Bayonne today for the first time. Maybe again tomorrow if there is a meet up going on. Do you need to bring your own cardboard backs for targets or do they have them supplied?

Thanks

They don't use cardboard backs at Bayonne. They have the binder-clip thingies that you use to hold up your target. They sell a variety of targets there for like 50 cents a piece. There hasn't been a meetup in Bayonne in a while and my trigger finger's been getting itchy, so I might be heading out there tomorrow night if I get out of work at a decent hour.