Pew Pew Plates

Lasik, FTW!

So, yesterday I got LASIK from Dr. Salz (whom is awesome, FYI). I got the Customview with Intralase. Go it yesterday, finished up around 4:30. Got in my friends car and he drove us down to Tony's and he bought his first handgun :icon_mrgreen: I figgured I could get the shut-eye that was reccomended while we were in the car. Believe it or not, the trip from the laser center in somerset down to bayville, and the trip all the way back up to Bridgewater, was traffic free!

Got my vision checked today, I'm between 20/15 and 20/10. Time to kick a** at the range! B)

My life is now like watching HD TV, lol.

Since I had the surgery last year, I find myself always afraid of something poking my eyes out. I always where safety glasses at work. I was so used to there being glasses on my face that I would still reach up to my nose to push my glasses up or to adjust the frames, but there was nothing there!

Good luck Glenn, and keep us posted on the vision.

Awesome! Hope it works out for you without any complications. Keep us posted how it works on the range!

Also, please post contact info on this doctor. How did you happen to select? I am about to take the plunge myself.

I got the Intralase with customview which is the super awesome version which ran $5850. Thats including a $450 neighbor discount (he lives 2 doors down). A bit steep but this version of it has better results and least chance of complications so I figgure its an investment. Highly reccomend Dr Salz and he does free consultations (although they all probably do)

http://www.njbesteyes.com/index.cfm/PageID/421

Regulator, I only get to wear those cool flaps at night now. Damn :p

Oh yeah, and about the experience itself if thats whats holding you back:

You get a xanax beforehand, so during the whole thing you really just dont give a crap. And by the "whole thing" I mean all like, 1 minute of it. You get a suction thing on your eye for when they are cutting it open which you feel a little preassure. It was cool, I saw light blue with sparkling stars for that part lol. It was actually fun. They do that for both eyes to open them up. Then you stare at a dot and when they laser it, it looks like lightening striking all around your eye for a couple seconds. But again, not in a scary way. Maybe it was just the xanax :p

So yeah, for you guys on the fence, DO IT!

I need to go for an evaluation. Just concerned about possible side effects.

To minimize the possibility of side effects like difficulty seeing at night, halos, starbursts and glare you should have a custom wavefront diagnostic evaluation done. That's the only way to measure higher-order aberrations (HOAs) which can then be corrected during the procedure. I underwent custom PRK in August and it was worth the extra money over the regular PRK procedure.