Wojo

Bought - SIG P 229 Platinum 40 cal

The 22lr kit is on my mind, but I am looking at a dedicated target 22 pistol. The timing is a little off, might be a few weeks before I make a decision. I can buy all my reloading dies and a fair supply of bullets for the 40 for the kit prices. I want at least a 1,000 down the pipe ASAP to get my muscle memory started.

I went with the white because black can be more visible under light colored garments. I want it for white for dress shirts, light cotton when in tropical locations and nothing screams GUN, like a black thing on your hip. Plus against my pastie Irish skin, white will almost disappear against my flesh.

I hear you on the kit vs dedicated argument. Ultimately I think I just have more fun with the dedicated route. I think my buddies buck mark is more fun as a 22. But if I wanted to train for carry I like the conversion. I wish shops carried the beavertail sigs in stock. As I like the look but never held one. The elite dark really catches my eye

I hear you on the kit vs dedicated argument. Ultimately I think I just have more fun with the dedicated route. I think my buddies buck mark is more fun as a 22. But if I wanted to train for carry I like the conversion. I wish shops carried the beavertail sigs in stock. As I like the look but never held one. The elite dark really catches my eye

I'm a 1911 guy and the Elites fit my style real well. It will be an easy transition from one to another. I have a loaded operator that is built on match grade parts so it is ready for some league action. Plus I needed a 40 for some work that is coming up.

Nice! I like the gun a lot. Good choice on going .40 also.

I would change the grips to the black version. I'm just not a fan of the clear grips. They seem to bring the bling bling look.

Congrats on a nice pistol though.

Nice! I like the gun a lot. Good choice on going .40 also.

I would change the grips to the black version. I'm just not a fan of the clear grips. They seem to bring the bling bling look.

Congrats on a nice pistol though.

Thanks...Actually the silver / white aluminum grips is part of the reason I bought it. White grips will not be as noticeable under thin white cotton shirts. In time, I am sure they will dull down some. The flash makes them seem much brighter then they actually are...but they are bright at the moment. I was looking at going the stainless model and wanted to swap the rosewood grips for the white aluminum but that would have been more $ and created a bit of a hassle.

My other thought was in part to this situation...Can you identify what kind of handgun Mr. Wojo had in his possession? Yes, it was big and black. Wrong, it was thick and white, just like the owner...Case dismissed. When you see a black chunk of something along the belt line it tends to get noticed. I am looking at this as camouflage for the suit.

Congrats on the purchase! Now that you've made it this would make a good topic for the Handgun section. :icon_e_smile:

Thanks for moving this topic, it kind of morphed into a journal.