Radek

1911 - please post pics

LOL. Good question. All the "plain Jane's" have somehow made there way to a custom gunsmith for a makeover. I do have one Colt National Match 1911 that appears unfired (cannot verify this 100%) that was made in my birth year and its gathering dust in the safe. I have been told by other guys who collect 1911's to "leave it alone". Its tough not to mess with it. That one may go to a custom smith with a few years wait list for one of his premier packages.

Took my Ed Brown 1911 out for the first time last week after being a safe queen for 8 months. I could not stand not shooting it any longer. Really nice but the thrill was over after the first full magazine was fired down range.

The ones that I have bought off the shelf have all had something done to them like new sights or a better trigger or a fitted barrel. I cant leave well enough alone I guess.

do you even have a "plain jane" 1911?

I didnt take that picture but its one of my 1911's. That was a pro shooting that one. Funny side story is that he does all the SVI photo shoots and SVI pays him in custom 1911's. When he gets bored with something in his collection, I usually end up buying it from him. So far, I have bought four of his unwanted guns.

showoff!

LOL. Good question. All the "plain Jane's" have somehow made there way to a custom gunsmith for a makeover. I do have one Colt National Match 1911 that appears unfired (cannot verify this 100%) that was made in my birth year and its gathering dust in the safe. I have been told by other guys who collect 1911's to "leave it alone". Its tough not to mess with it. That one may go to a custom smith with a few years wait list for one of his premier packages.

Took my Ed Brown 1911 out for the first time last week after being a safe queen for 8 months. I could not stand not shooting it any longer. Really nice but the thrill was over after the first full magazine was fired down range.

The ones that I have bought off the shelf have all had something done to them like new sights or a better trigger or a fitted barrel. I cant leave well enough alone I guess.

Nothing wrong with that bro, as long as it's done right and to your liking.

Those are some nice pieces. I am very interested in a Kobra Carry. Been jonesing for a while.

If you're ever up north shoot me a pm and we'll hit the range with it. I should also add that I put on custom made king cobra skin grips on it.