JackDaWack

Police lay offs

Guest megaman

1/2 the Camden Police force was just laid off. :facepalm:

167 officers in Newark today as well. Time to push CCW

There's talks of Newark PD laying off a substantial portion of its payroll as well. Sounds like its going to be the year of the criminal in those towns. :icon_rolleyes:

Newark PD is losing 165 confirmed. My Dept of 118 (Current, we're Supposed to have 121 as per the TO) is losing 5 on 1 jan, and another 12 on 1 April, unless we can come to terms with our town. Atlantic City, ater losing 60, emptied it's detective bureau and but them all back in uniform, trurning all active investigations (including 8 open homicides) to the AC County Prosecutor's Office.

Most of those cops blew it. While they were busy doing there jobs fighting crime and keeping society as safe as they could, which costs money, the cops out in the suberbs were busy writing tickets generating cashola for their towns, insuring their futures. They only have themselves to blame. :icon_rolleyes:

Exactly what we needed to protect the innocent. There needs to be a freeze on all funding for EVERYTHING thats NOT LE, FD, Emergency Departments, and Education. Not this crap.

You included about everybody... So who are you going to freeze. My wife, a Gov't employee, just took a 2yr pay freeze. She said it's better than layoffs. I agree. Stupid teachers union wouldn't take a pay freeze.... Think we could save our police departments if they took a pay freeze and worked overtime for straight time pay?

Just some thoughts...

It is about time... State police, County Police, County Sheriffs, Park Police, Transit Police, municipal police, etc., etc., etc. Please tell me how this nation survived 100 years ago before all this bs? Oh yeah, now I remember, we didn't have civilian disarmament laws that stripped people of their ability to protect themselves, their families and their property from the asshats in society...

You can't employ someone for 25-30 years, pay them and their families salaries, pensions and benefits for 60 years and expect the system not to crash under its own weight. That is unsustainable and government employees are about to get a very loud wake up call to the reality the private sector has been living in for the last 50 years...

The Dems are going to use the increased crime rates in these ****-holes following this to hang Christie. I think he has a good reason for wanting to invest political capital in CCW to stem the impending tide of crime that is coming but unfortunately as I said all along he is too left of center to understand this…

• Like 4

You can't employ someone for 25-30 years, pay them and their families salaries, pensions and benefits for 60 years and expect the system not to crash under its own weight. That is unsustainable and government employees are about to get a very loud wake up call to the reality the private sector has been living in for the last 50 years...

I agree. The whole system is a legal pyramid system. You cant put in say 150k over 20 years and then get back 75k or so a year over the next 45 years. It's not right.

• Like 1

Sounds like its going to be the year of the criminal in those towns

Its year of the criminal every year in Newark and Camden.

It is about time... State police, County Police, County Sheriffs, Park Police, Transit Police, municipal police, etc., etc., etc. Please tell me how this nation survived 100 years ago before all this bs? Oh yeah, now I remember, we didn't have civilian disarmament laws that stripped people of their ability to protect themselves, their families and their property from the asshats in society...

Echelons and jurisdictions in policing are not a bad thing. Each serves a specific function and in many instances saves money. Smaller towns don't have the assets or personnel to investigate many types of crimes. That comes from the county or state. We didn't have all these agencies in the past mostly because of demographics.

No matter how much you want to cut back you can't get rid of cops if you are in a state where you can't carry guns. It's gonna force people to either carry anyway or become victims. I have no reason to go to Camden but if I did I'd really have to way my options on how to protect my family. God forbid I had to go at night forget it. Luckily thats not something I have to deal with

I agree. The whole system is a legal pyramid system. You cant put in say 150k over 20 years and then get back 75k or so a year over the next 45 years. It's not right.

it's 25 to retire actually. then the pension is only off of ones base pay which the top officers base pay is around 100. At 25 years this person is entitled to 65% so that would be $65,000. This is only the high up Officers though. The average fireman that does not become an officer base pay is about 60K at 25 year he gets 25% which would be 39K a year. If they want to work longer they can get 1% more each year with a cap of 5% extra meaning at 30 years they can retire with 70%. This is not a lot of money to pay police and FF for their service and the system was fine until the NJ government screwed it up. It doesn't help that Judges are on the same pension, but they do not pay into it and they don't have to serve a min amount of time to collect and they get 100%

plus 45 years? The average age of retirement for police and fire personnel is 50, since when is 95 the average life span for the average person let alone for a group of people that statistically die younger from job related conditions and heart problems.

Here is a good article to explain what happened to the pension system to those jumping to conclusions that it was just a poor system. http://newjerseyhills.com/mt_olive_chronicle/opinion/columns/article_487cc442-ec43-11df-8ac0-001cc4c002e0.html?mode=print

All im going to say is that you dont know WTF you are talking about. PFRS is actually in decent shape, mainly because WE dont have every scumbag politician raiding it for multiple pensions for themselves and their cronies. Is it in GREAT shape? no it isnt, mainly because a portion of it was invested in Lehmen against Our wishes just in time for that money to be lost. But the fact remains that even with over ten years of NOBODY BUT US making the payments, and the hit from the bad investment, PFRS is still at around 78% fully funded, considering that the Fed gives 80% and above an "Excellent" rating, i'm not overly concerned. What I DO fins sadly amusing is that very few of you seem to mind that YOUR POLITICIANS have been runninf your towns on Borrowed money for the past decade..and now that those loans are due it's everyone else's fault. But then again YOU are the same ones that will tell anyone you see how every NJ politician would as soon Lie as Breathe..until they are telling you something you want to hear..THEN all of a sudden they are telling the truth.

• Like 4

This - combined with the societal attitude of "the criminal is the victim" have combined to create a perfect storm of societal mismanagement. All the criminals (released back onto the streets) require that many more police to "react" to them and their actions. The recidivism rate in this country is ridiculous. When we again learn to treat convicted criminals as criminals, when the judicial system imposes real change, when "plea bargaining" is no longer permitted for heinous acts, THEN and only then can this society return to its roots. Meanwhile, Joe Welder who does mostly nothing wrong is not permitted to protect himself at all, and certainly not without fear of civil action by the perp.

Just keep chanting to yourself "the perp is the victim" and sing KumByYa and peace and love will keep you safe. :thsmiley_deadhorse:

All im going to say is that you dont know WTF you are talking about. PFRS is actually in decent shape, mainly because WE dont have every scumbag politician raiding it for multiple pensions for themselves and their cronies. Is it in GREAT shape? no it isnt, mainly because a portion of it was invested in Lehmen against Our wishes just in time for that money to be lost. But the fact remains that even with over ten years of NOBODY BUT US making the payments, and the hit from the bad investment, PFRS is still at around 78% fully funded, considering that the Fed gives 80% and above an "Excellent" rating, i'm not overly concerned. What I DO fins sadly amusing is that very few of you seem to mind that YOUR POLITICIANS have been runninf your towns on Borrowed money for the past decade..and now that those loans are due it's everyone else's fault. But then again YOU are the same ones that will tell anyone you see how every NJ politician would as soon Lie as Breathe..until they are telling you something you want to hear..THEN all of a sudden they are telling the truth.

Yeah I dont know what Im talking about. Funny how they just reported that it takes 90 private sector workers to pay for just one public sector worker. One of the HIGHEST in the nation.

Fact is when it comes to pensions MOST people take out more than they put in. Thats not counting the possible interest you would make on your money. Most people drawing a pension TAKE for more years then they contributed.

Id like to see public workers have to go to a 401k system. You get a percentage match and thats it. When your money runs out its over johnny. You dont get to suckle at the taxpayers teats and longer.

Now mind you when I say you I dont mean you in paticular. I mean public workers.

Social Security is the same way. Legal pyramid scheme.

Final note. If all these systems are so great then why are they running out of money?

• Like 1

Yeah I dont know what Im talking about. Funny how they just reported that it takes 90 private sector workers to pay for just one public sector worker. One of the HIGHEST in the nation.

Fact is when it comes to pensions MOST people take out more than they put in. Thats not counting the possible interest you would make on your money. Most people drawing a pension TAKE for more years then they contributed.

Id like to see public workers have to go to a 401k system. You get a percentage match and thats it. When your money runs out its over johnny. You dont get to suckle at the taxpayers teats and longer.

Now mind you when I say you I dont mean you in paticular. I mean public workers.

Social Security is the same way. Legal pyramid scheme.

Final note. If all these systems are so great then why are they running out of money?

Public sector worker does NOT equal Police. PFRS is a completely separate pension system. Please read this: http://newjerseyhills.com/mt_olive_chronicle/opinion/columns/article_487cc442-ec43-11df-8ac0-001cc4c002e0.html?mode=print It explains why the pension systems are running out of money.

With that being said, I would be much happier with a 401k or better yet no retirement plan for myself so I can choose where to invest.

i personally think the LEO are WAY OVERPAID anyway! my bro is a county cop and his salary is REDICULOUS! he knows it and its a game they all play. the end result being a FAT PENSION after 20yrs. they all know how to play, while we all get stuck paying the bill!

the teachers are even WORSE! as far as the Fed gov't employees pay freeze, i didint see anything about them freezing BONUSES, etc. (its a scam)

now.... who wants to give me a ticket? :icon_e_ugeek:

You included about everybody... So who are you going to freeze. My wife, a Gov't employee, just took a 2yr pay freeze. She said it's better than layoffs. I agree. Stupid teachers union wouldn't take a pay freeze.... Think we could save our police departments if they took a pay freeze and worked overtime for straight time pay?

Im not sure I would agree that is something a group of workers should agree to. So after the two years is up, whats to stop the government from saying "Welllllll.......we still dont have any money to pay you, can you go another two years?" We all know how the government works, they take a little at a time.

With all the layoffs, if you find yourself in trouble and need a police officer go to this mall for help:

http://www.nj.com/independentpress/index.ssf/2010/12/sign_of_the_times_troopers_pat/4363/comments-2.html

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

this is bc u need to rob a bank to shop in that mall! the rich lookin out for the rich. nobody gives a sh*t about the lil people anymore. (im just glad im not one of them)