axeman_g

Explain your handle...

Mine stems from element 116 (actually it is a lab created unstable isotope), known as Ununhexium. As it isn't an official element it hasn't yet been named. It it was, it would possibly be called Bonesinium, a much better name.

This is what I have been telling people it means for about 6 years now.

In truth, I was very skinny in high school. One of my hockey teammates came up with the nickname of Bones. It stuck and I was called that all through high school by classmates, teachers, and coaches. I began using it as a gamer-tag while playing video games online. It however was too common. I must have been doing something science related when I came up with Bonesinium, but that is what I came up with, and have been using the above story as an explanation for it. 6 years later I still use it as a gamer-tag and on forums...

Edited by Bonesinium

Mine stems from element 116 (actually it is a lab created unstable isotope), known as Ununhexium. As it isn't an official element it hasn't yet been named. It it was, it would possibly be called Bonesinium, a much better name.

This is what I have been telling people it means for about 6 years now.

In truth, I was very skinny in high school. One of my hockey teammates came up with the nickname of Bones. It stuck and I was called that all through high school by classmates, teachers, and coaches. I began using it as a gamer-tag while playing video games online. It however was too common. I must have been doing something science related when I came up with Bonesinium, but that is what I came up with, and have been using the above story as an explanation for it. 6 years later I still use it as a gamer-tag and on forums...

So, you are a dorky gamer boy!? an honest explanation is good though ...

• Like 1

Allright... everyone start explaining their handles. Freaking confusin try to get remember first names whilst figuring out who "Buttgate" or "GlockSex567" really is!

Axeman_g: My friends called me Axeman as a nickname growing up because it sort of goes with my last name Aiken and they theorized that one day I was going to hit someone in the head with an axe. It stuck so I use it. The _g is usually a security measure and is my first initial, Gerry.

Old Slabsides is what Combat Veterans from WWII affectionately called their 1911 Pistols. This was due to the obvious flat sides.

I really love 1911's. Sexiest Gun ever made.

Old Slabsides is what Combat Veterans from WWII affectionately called their 1911 Pistols. This was due to the obvious flat sides.

I really love 1911's. Sexiest Gun ever made.

If you served in Vietnam. Thank you.

w/ Ed @ EndGame in Lodi.

Niiice I've seen this place before. I go to K-Dojo in fairfield. Master K is the main guy there. Although since the birth of my son in march of this year I'm going there less and less :) . But it's ok by me, wudnt want to miss a single min of him grownin up for anything :) have fun and good luck with your training !!!!

Niiice I've seen this place before. I go to K-Dojo in fairfield. Master K is the main guy there. Although since the birth of my son in march of this year I'm going there less and less :) . But it's ok by me, wudnt want to miss a single min of him grownin up for anything :) have fun and good luck with your training !!!!

after my 2nd knee surgery and injuries, my workouts have been kept to a minimal, if any at all. this year has been tough, its been an accumuliation of hard miles & old age thats getting to me. :facepalm:

after my 2nd knee surgery and injuries, my workouts have been kept to a minimal, if any at all. this year has been tough, its been an accumuliation of hard miles & old age thats getting to me. :facepalm:

Man do I hear that one. I still train at home with reaction and heavy bags, but miss my full contact KM classes greatly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlad_III_the_Impaler

250px-Vlad_Tepes_002.jpg

His Romanian surname Drăculea (also spelled "Drakulya"), by which Vlad was referred to in several documents, means "son of the dragon", in reference to his father, Vlad Dracul, who received that moniker from his subjects because he had joined the Order of the Dragon. Dracul, from the Latin word Draco, meaning "dragon", is derived from the Greek word Δράκων (Dracon). In Romanian, on the other hand, Drac simply means devil.

His post-mortem moniker of "Țepeș" ("Impaler") originated in his killing opponents by impalement. In Turkish, he was known as "Kazıklı Voyvoda" (pronounced [kɑzɯkˈɫɯ]) which means "Impaler Prince".

During his life Vlad wrote his name in Latin documents as Wladislaus Dragwlya or Drakwlya.[5]

So, you are a dorky gamer boy!? an honest explanation is good though ...

I haven't played a video game in over a month, but I do play on xbox live occasionally. So I guess if that makes me a dorky gamer boy, what does having thousands of posts on online forums make you? :p

I haven't played a video game in over a month, but I do play on xbox live occasionally. So I guess if that makes me a dorky gamer boy, what does having thousands of posts on online forums make you? :p

Good point. Lots of glass houses round here. :icon_e_biggrin:

Although, to be fair, guns are cooler than video games IMO.

I stopped playing video games altogether when I got into guns. I'd rather buy more ammo that a video game :)

Fact. I have shot thousands of rounds from real guns since the last time I shot a gun on a video game! Though now I kind of want to play some videogames... :icon_mrgreen: