Destinydog

so i got one permit left.....need help deciding

Doesn't it suck having to base your firearms purchases based on the time restrictions of having to get pistol permits? Seems like it can almost force you into a purchase you may not want as much as something else. Thank goodness I maintain my residency in a free state!

Are you a law enforcement officer, or anyone that can carry? If so, I can understand getting a compact pistol, but if not, get a full size pistol (either the sr9 or 1911 if that's what your heart is set on).

What caliber are you looking at? Anything? Or just a 9mm or .45. You can always check out 9mm 1911's, cheaper ammo and you will still own a classic handgun.

They are both nice pistols, but totally different. The first thing you have to decide is what type of pistol you want. What caliber? What's it's primary use? What do you already have? Everyone has differnt tastes so that's going to be a personal choice. Once you have the type and use narrowed down, we can then help narrow the field. Between the two you have listed, I would choose 1911 with a 4" barrel. When you say smaller, do you mean caliber or pistol size?