Cemeterys Gun Blob

Bill S2190: Adjustments to NJ FID Card

Guest HuntingPaper

I think we're all a little surprised that a gun bill, introduced by a Democrat, in New Jersey, isn't the typical "kick in the balls" law that we're all used to. Some of the original comments in this thread seemed to predict doom and gloom that simply isn't in this particular bill.

Having said that, I'm sure that we all agree with you. ALL of NJ's firearms laws should be repealed for being unconstitutional, but we didn't lose our rights all at once, so we're going to have to regain them incrementally. This bill makes the process of buying a handgun in NJ a little easier for law abiding citizens. Is it constitutional? Hell no. Is it better than what we currently have? Hell yes. It's a step, albeit a small one.

I want to see all of these stupid permits gone; if you need a permit to exercise a right, it's not a right, it's a privilege. Eventually it will all be struck down, but until "eventually" gets here, I'll take any improvement I can get.

+1

this is terrible. I HATE this state so friggin much!!!! It makes me want to throw up that people in this thread are posting "well that's not to bad" This is friggin terrible. All the laws here are friggin terrible. The only laws that should be met with "well that's not to bad' are laws repealing the unconstitutional laws already in place here. The only way they would be considered "Wow that's great" is if the law included rounding up the politicians that voted for the unconstitutional gun laws in the first place and hanging them in public. The politicians that are for these laws need not to just go away or be voted out they are traitors to the U.S. Constitution and should be treated as such.

they weren't unconstitutional (in NJ) until a few weeks ago.

Okay, you can tilt at windmills and take the "all or nothing" attitude, and demand Constitutional Carry and Texas style Castle Doctrine laws until the sun explodes, but it's not gonna happen here any time soon (if ever).

I see this as a positive step towards eliminating one of the giant administrative hurdles to gun ownership in this state, and maybe even as the slightest crack in the doorway to CCW.

ALL of NJ's firearms laws should be repealed for being unconstitutional, but we didn't lose our rights all at once...

I did lose them all at once as soon as I became a resident here. I guess coming from a free state I just get more pissed off about the laws here compared to people that have lived with this their entire life. I will have to take a deep breath, but the hate will not go away for those that promote, support, pass, and enforce these laws.

they weren't unconstitutional (in NJ) until a few weeks ago.

Okay, you can tilt at windmills and take the "all or nothing" attitude, and demand Constitutional Carry and Texas style Castle Doctrine laws until the sun explodes, but it's not gonna happen here any time soon (if ever).

I see this as a positive step towards eliminating one of the giant administrative hurdles to gun ownership in this state, and maybe even as the slightest crack in the doorway to CCW.

well said Ken.

Screaming for people to be hung etc is NOT really the attitude that we want to put forward to other people. It's no wonder people hate the gun community. Next time you have a brilliant idea in your head, do us all a favor and keep it there.

well said Ken.

Screaming for people to be hung etc is NOT really the attitude that we want to put forward to other people. It's no wonder people hate the gun community. Next time you have a brilliant idea in your head, do us all a favor and keep it there.

Fixed it for you.

And, when the people who have been previously put off of gun ownership because of the ridiculous and mind numbing PPP system start coming back and joining the shooting community, maybe our voice will become just a little bit louder, and our opinions just a little bit more relevant to the dumbasses in Trenton who only want to stay in office, no matter which voting block they have to pander to.

I just realized something.

If gun owners view this bill as *not that bad*, and if it's not a *kick in the balls*, then this bill is D.O.A., especially if it makes the road to gun ownership in NJ just a little itty bitty bit better. Dem's can't have that.

I just realized something.

If gun owners view this bill as *not that bad*, and if it's not a *kick in the balls*, then this bill is D.O.A., especially if it makes the road to gun ownership in NJ just a little itty bitty bit better. Dem's can't have that.

Sounds like the reasoning behind this is for less paperwork/less manpower requirements to go through all of the PP/NICS/etc. $25 for 5 years isn't that bad actually. Hmm.....

Having had all the rights that you people wish for here and then having them taken away form me because I moved to another state boils my blood. I never said that this legislation shouldn't be passed through; I said it was terrible and it should be thought of that way. We shouldn't be happy that we are being told they will spit on it and give us something to bite down on this time.

• Like 1

Having had all the rights that you people wish for here and then having them taken away form me because I moved to another state boils my blood. I never said that this legislation shouldn't be passed through; I said it was terrible and it should be thought of that way. We shouldn't be happy that we are being told they will spit on it and give us something to bite down on this time.

They're pissing on our backs, and tellin' us it's raining. It's how NJ deals with gun owners.

• Like 1

Sounds like the reasoning behind this is for less paperwork/less manpower requirements to go through all of the PP/NICS/etc. $25 for 5 years isn't that bad actually. Hmm.....

If they don't have the manpower, then it takes longer to get PPP and background checks done, then it takes longer for people to obtain firearms, and in the end this means less guns on the streets. There's no way NJ Dem's don't think along these lines.

What are they saying in the meeting??

I think it's passed forward to be amended for some technicalities.

Basic points are: $25/5 years. The permit stuff requires a lot of manpower and that's the main reason why they're doing this apparently. ANJRPC guy spoke in favor of it. He's for it because it's a good step to redoing the laws here in NJ.

Maybe we should all keep swamping them with paperwork. Then swamp them with phonecalls and visits to the Police Dept. They might push to simplify the whole process.

What makes you think the politicians CARE whether or not the local departments are swamped with paperwork?

I think it's passed forward to be amended for some technicalities.

Basic points are: $25/5 years. The permit stuff requires a lot of manpower and that's the main reason why they're doing this apparently. ANJRPC guy spoke in favor of it. He's for it because it's a good step to redoing the laws here in NJ.

Any idea on what the technicalities might be??

They're pissing on our backs, and tellin' us it's raining. It's how NJ deals with gun owners.

Of course it is, but this time it's a gentle, floral scented shower instead of the nasty, fermented deluge that we've been getting up until now.

Any idea on what the technicalities might be??

They said it was things like "Chief of Police" instead of "Chief Law Enforcement Officer" etc that needed to be changed.

any slated date to begin the application process for these cards. You know the first 6 months will be absolutely hell for them to issue these cards. It's going to be a complete joke of a backup. It'll probably be a 6 month min wait to get these cards

any slated date to begin the application process for these cards. You know the first 6 months will be absolutely hell for them to issue these cards. It's going to be a complete joke of a backup. It'll probably be a 6 month min wait to get these cards

I doubt gun stuff will get anywhere these days. Too much budget type stuff happening in Trenton.

I doubt gun stuff will get anywhere these days. Too much budget type stuff happening in Trenton.

That's the thing. We *are* talking about budget stuff. This will make the state more money while costing less than the burdensome and not really money making PP process. (A LOT of work goes into doing all the checks for those stupid things....)

This saves the state and municipalities money, while bringing more in every 5 years than the current system. MOST people don't really buy that many pistols that the $2 per permit matters, plus the state loses more than $2 a permit due to the man power spent on it.

I did lose them all at once as soon as I became a resident here. I guess coming from a free state I just get more pissed off about the laws here compared to people that have lived with this their entire life. I will have to take a deep breath, but the hate will not go away for those that promote, support, pass, and enforce these laws.

Not to whizz in your cheerios, but if you want to get them all back at once, move. There are ~800,000 gun owners in NJ (pop. ~8,000,000), many of them are FUDDs who don't give a rat's a** about the 2nd amendment. Hell, most of them don't care about any gun other than the one NJ has so graciously allowed them to have. Bottom line? We don't have the numbers to just march into Trenton and demand our rights back (short of fully utilizing the 2nd amendment...), nor do we have the money to challenge every NJ gun law in court all at once (a tactic that would surely fail, even if we did have the funding). The only way we're going to regain our rights is if we eat the elephant one bite at a time.

We all agree that we deserve the same freedom that the rest of the country enjoys, but stomping our feet and crying "foul" isn't going to help our situation any. You say you moved here from somewhere else. I'm not sure how long you've lived here, but the "ruling elite" in NJ know better than you do how you should lead your life. At least, that's what they think. And while it isn't right what they do to us, it is the reality. They buy votes from the elderly and the poor so they can continue this game of theirs. We aren't going to beat that all at once. SAF/ANJRPC are attacking on the legal front in federal court. We can do our best to educate the masses. But ultimately, we're going to need the legislature to enact (or repeal) meaningful laws that move us in the right direction.

If we approach this like the anti's did, and everytime they pass a law that moves us in the right direction, we should come out with a statement that says "While this doesn't restore all of our rights as Americans in NJ, it's a good first step." :icon_e_ugeek:

• Like 5

Perhaps all the chiefs will **** about it to the mayors and other politicians. Who knows.

They ****ed about the changes that requred background checks for every transaction, they did the same for OGAM knowing the huge scramble for permits that would result. The CPA has been asking to streamline the process for years, and to clarify the language in the law because it's so confusing, and has been ignored. Some of you guys think WE are the ones who have any type of influence in how laws are written or passed.....usually they take what WE ask for and do the exact opposite.

Senators,

Shortly you will hear S2190. I recommend that you review the recent US Supreme Court rulings McDonald vs Chicago and DC v Heller prior to implementing yet another gun law which will eventually be ruled unconstitutional after a long and expensive day in court for NJ.

The laws already prevent law abiding citizens from owning and carrying guns. Please focus instead on addressing criminals, their possession and use of illegal firearms. With the recent layoffs of Police throughout the state, further impeding the ability of law abiding citizens to protect themselves is not in anyone's best interests.

Gun laws do not prevent criminals from using illegal firearms. Gun laws prevent law abiding citizens from using legal firearms.

Respectfully,

• Like 1

CMP Sales, Carbines, IO rifles......the Budget stuff hasnt stopped the Ag from Dicking with us....and if this shows ANY sign of positive impact, Dow will fight it tooth and nail.

They ****ed about the changes that requred background checks for every transaction, they did the same for OGAM knowing the huge scramble for permits that would result. The CPA has been asking to streamline the process for years, and to clarify the language in the law because it's so confusing, and has been ignored. Some of you guys think WE are the ones who have any type of influence in how laws are written or passed.....usually they take what WE ask for and do the exact opposite.

They do the same to everyone.