Frank Jack Fiamingo

NJ2AS FREE BRIAN AITKEN RALLY CANCELED

WTF?

I just got a alert from SAF about the rally and passed on the info to some friends that are not active on the web. Now I see it is canceled.

Are we going to get the truth now? Was there more to the story? I don't like being embarrassed by promoting a cause and find out later it is bogus.

WTF?

I just got a alert from SAF about the rally and passed on the info to some friends that are not active on the web. Now I see it is canceled.

Are we going to get the truth now? Was there more to the story? I don't like being embarrassed by promoting a cause and find out later it is bogus.

It was never bogus. I received an email from Brian through his attorney asking us not to hold the rally. Apparently, he feels that tying his fate to "gun rights" will hurt rather than help his cause. This is not a matter of whether or not we AGREE, but Brian is the one sitting in prison. It is HIS life that is in the balance. If he feels that our help will hurt him, I have to comply with his wishes. What other choice is there. I am sorry for the short notice, but I only received the email last night.. I have been posting and sending out emails and making phone calls ever since.

It was never bogus. I received an email from Brian through his attorney asking us not to hold the rally. Apparently, he feels that tying his fate to "gun rights" will hurt rather than help his cause. This is not a matter of whether or not we AGREE, but Brian is the one sitting in prison. It is HIS life that is in the balance. If he feels that our help will hurt him, I have to comply with his wishes. What other choice is there. I am sorry for the short notice, but I only received the email last night.. I have been posting and sending out emails and making phone calls ever since.

For those who wish to know, the following is the email I received:

DearFrank,

Thisis Brian speaking. I don't think anyone wants this rally to happen more than Ido but I have to pull my support from it. In doing so I will ask my lawyer EvanNappen not to make any comments or to attend. My family will not be attending,and we are asking Dennis to honor our request as well. I understand yourintentions are good but as the old proverb goes the road to hell is paved withgood intentions, and this could do more harm than good for me. WhileI sympathize the need for legal reform I can't build a soapbox withmy name on it from people whom I do not know to preach their views which I amnot aware of, and may not sanction. We are canceling the order for bumperstickers, t shirts and signage for the event. I wish the best for you and yourorganization.

Youare prohibited from using and/or benefiting in any way from my name. No person, group ororganization may use Brian Aitken's name or make any reference to, of, or aboutBrian Aitken from this moment forward without the express written permission ofBrian Aitken.

Ifyou have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact my lawyer, EvanNappen.

Sincerely,

BrianD. Aitken

***NOTE***

I have *NO* clue what he is talking about with the t-shirts, bumper stickers or whatever. We have NOTHING to do with any of that. That is his girlfriend doing that.

With a statement from him like that I now believe he hasn't a clue! Like you said it's his life. Looks like he is content in jail!

I'm not saying it is bogus. Just don't think everything is known about the whole incident and court convictions at this time. Also I don't know just how much interaction there was between the rally promoters and the beneficiary. I think he is nuts if he is turning down offers of help from the SAF, ANJRPC and NJ2AS. From the tone of "his" email "he" thinks the organizations are using him for their benefit. Something's fishy.

Just my, ever so humble, opinion.

With a statement from him like that I now believe he hasn't a clue! Like you said it's his life. Looks like he is content in jail!

That's not true. I have listened to a couple of interviews Where his lawyer talks about his trial etc... I think it's not about us or the rally, it's about him. If those are his wishes, then so be it. In the end, he has a great chance at a retrial and an appeal. He probably wants to stay low key. This also may have been on the advice of his lawyer.

We don't know and I wish him well either way. I'm not walking 1 inch in his shoes and until I do, I won't question his motives.

That's not true. I have listened to a couple of interviews Where his lawyer talks about his trial etc... I think it's not about us or the rally, it's about him. If those are his wishes, then so be it. In the end, he has a great chance at a retrial and an appeal. He probably wants to stay low key. This also may have been on the advice of his lawyer.

We don't know and I wish him well either way. I'm not walking 1 inch in his shoes and until I do, I won't question his motives.

100% agreed!

We have received an email from Brian Aitken, through his attorney, asking us to cancel the rally we had planned for next Sunday December 12, 2010.

As a result THE RALLY HAS BEEN CANCELED!

Is the rally canceled?? A note on the Brian Aitken Facebook page says it's not.

i have one question and i am not sure if this is true or not but i read on another forum that hes was caught with large capacity mags and hollow points. Does anyone know if this is correct or not?

that is true. He purchased those guns legally in CO, moved to NJ with them. The mags were 16 round mags.

i have one question and i am not sure if this is true or not but i read on another forum that hes was caught with large capacity mags and hollow points. Does anyone know if this is correct or not?

Yes.

Hollow points are not illegal in NJ.

And as to the mags, yes, but the round count was never stated. Some people still swear on stack of bibles that it's 10rounds max in NJ, when it's actually 15.

Guest HuntingPaper

Hollow points are NOT ILLEGAL.

The possession of large capacity magazines in combination with hollow points aggravates the situation and makes them illegal.

• Like 1

You are prohibited from using and/or benefiting in any way from my name. No person, group or organization may use Brian Aitken's name or make any reference to, of, or about Brian Aitken from this moment forward without the express written permission of Brian Aitken.

I do believe that this means that the Brian Aitken threads should be deleted or at least closed down in order to prevent any troubles for the site.

The possession of large capacity magazines in combination with hollow points aggravates the situation and makes them illegal.

This. I think many people are overlooking this fact.

And kind of debunks his story that he contact the state police before moving/bringing them to NJ and followed what he was told. just saying....

And kind of debunks his story that he contact the state police before moving/bringing them to NJ and followed what he was told. just saying....

there is alot more to the case... but those were not the biggest issues... hollow points and high cap mags are not what got him 7 years. I would go to the site and read the entire case before making any judgments either way.

In any case, I am sending everyone an email right now, whom might of been planning on attending, however did not catch this post. If you know someone planning on going to Tom's River for the rally, please pass it on to them.

Once again, there may or may not be a rally done elsewhere by Brian's camp, however NJ2AS is not involved.

• Like 1

Guest HuntingPaper

there is alot more to the case... but those were not the biggest issues... hollow points and high cap mags are not what got him 7 years. I would go to the site and read the entire case before making any judgments either way.

In any case, I am sending everyone an email right now, whom might of been planning on attending, however did not catch this post. If you know someone planning on going to Tom's River for the rally, please pass it on to them.

Once again, there may or may not be a rally done elsewhere by Brian's camp, however NJ2AS is not involved.

I NEVER said that the combination of those two was what gave Brian's sentence, I was making the observation of when having hp are illegal, don't add content to my post...

I NEVER said that the combination of those two was what gave Brian's sentence, I was making the observation of when having hp are illegal, don't add content to my post...

Luis, that post was not intended towards you.. :icon_e_biggrin:

Guest HuntingPaper

Luis, that post was not intended towards you.. :icon_e_biggrin:

Ok :) I just want to make the clarification because some people make the wrong assumption that hp are legal in all circumstances the same way that other people assume that those are always illegal.